Post your Hot Takes/Unpopular Opinions!

1. I also dont prefer black bags, they often look dull and boring. The black color shade would have to be really deep and rich to get my interest. (But my heart will always be with the cognac / camel ones.)

2. Sorry but I dont get the hype with nano bags. What the hell…. Where should I stuff my phone, wallet, keys, tissues….?

3. Absolutely dislike all the collabs with childish prints / cartoons / horrible dazzling colors….

4. I dont like bag charms or chains hanging around. The bag has to be the beauty on its own, just pure as it is! No jingling and no bells and whistles!

5. The contrast stitching some brands as Polène and Strathberry are using (a lot!), looks kind of cheap to me. Cant really explain this, but in my eyes the bags look kind of „flat“ and „two-dimensional“ whereas matching stitches make the bag kind of more „rich, deep, voluminous“.

1. Brands selling and promoting „vegan leather“ bags as sustainable pieces. They are plastic and don‘t last over the years (yay, sticky melting bags). My leather bags are loved and getting more beautiful over the years when cared for properly. I remember my heartbreak when my first favorite pleather Mango bag broke (back then as student, I could not afford more expensive bags) and was just not reparable because it was plastic and not leather. I want my beloved pieces to last.

2. Cannot repeat it enough, Micro and Nano bags. I don‘t drive nor get driven around and need a bag which fits more than keys and coin change (many nano bags even do not fit a credit card). Also if you live in a rainy climate (hello Germany) you also need an umbrella which optimally has a size which also covers my bag, which again needs to go into the bag.

3. Fisher hats, they look hideous on everyone except fishermen. I don‘t get why they got popular again, especially in the peet group of young women.

4. The Dior book tote and the Lady Dior bag are ugly IMO. The book tote additionally superoverpriced for a textile piece.

5. I like the LV monogram, but dislike the new created monograms by brands who did not used to have monogram on their bags.

6. Bags getting hyped up only by gifting to influencers/celebrities etc. (haha, probably jealousy speaking here. I wouldn‘t mind a brand gifting me bags…).

7. Jaquemus bags. Ugly as hell with an impractical shape. What is their appeal?

8. Polene and Demellier bags. I own a bag from both brands. The leather is not great. Design is ok though.

9. I LOVE ostrich leather. I think the pebbling looks cute.

1. I also dont prefer black bags, they often look dull and boring. The black color shade would have to be really deep and rich to get my interest. (But my heart will always be with the cognac / camel ones.)

2. Sorry but I dont get the hype with nano bags. What the hell…. Where should I stuff my phone, wallet, keys, tissues….?

3. Absolutely dislike all the collabs with childish prints / cartoons / horrible dazzling colors….

4. I dont like bag charms or chains hanging around. The bag has to be the beauty on its own, just pure as it is! No jingling and no bells and whistles!

5. The contrast stitching some brands as Polène and Strathberry are using (a lot!), looks kind of cheap to me. Cant really explain this, but in my eyes the bags look kind of „flat“ and „two-dimensional“ whereas matching stitches make the bag kind of more „rich, deep, voluminous“.

Contrasting stitches were historically used on traditional sports bags (hunting, shooting and fishing type sports). This gives bags a more casual feel. Tonal stitching is supposed to be more formal and for city life, so that makes sense.

1. Brands selling and promoting „vegan leather“ bags as sustainable pieces. They are plastic and don‘t last over the years (yay, sticky melting bags). My leather bags are loved and getting more beautiful over the years when cared for properly. I remember my heartbreak when my first favorite pleather Mango bag broke (back then as student, I could not afford more expensive bags) and was just not reparable because it was plastic and not leather. I want my beloved pieces to last.

2. Cannot repeat it enough, Micro and Nano bags. I don‘t drive nor get driven around and need a bag which fits more than keys and coin change (many nano bags even do not fit a credit card). Also if you live in a rainy climate (hello Germany) you also need an umbrella which optimally has a size which also covers my bag, which again needs to go into the bag.

3. Fisher hats, they look hideous on everyone except fishermen. I don‘t get why they got popular again, especially in the peet group of young women.

4. The Dior book tote and the Lady Dior bag are ugly IMO. The book tote additionally superoverpriced for a textile piece.

5. I like the LV monogram, but dislike the new created monograms by brands who did not used to have monogram on their bags.

6. Bags getting hyped up only by gifting to influencers/celebrities etc. (haha, probably jealousy speaking here. I wouldn‘t mind a brand gifting me bags…).

7. Jaquemus bags. Ugly as hell with an impractical shape. What is their appeal?

8. Polene and Demellier bags. I own a bag from both brands. The leather is not great. Design is ok though.

9. I LOVE ostrich leather. I think the pebbling looks cute.

Don't get me going on the greenwashing that is 'vegan leather'. Crimes against the Earth and human decency are being done in the name of so-called sustainability. It's literally twisted-logic virtue signalling. More harm is done to animals in the name of vegans than just buying a pre-loved leather bag.

I can't understand how two bags that don't have functional \ useable closures are the be all end all of bags and everyone has to wear them open with the arms flapping around. Yes, The Birkin and The Kelly.

Agreed. But:

No one ever closes their Birkin
A closed Kelly is a big help on minimum spend days.