Post photos of your vanity/makeup table/bathroom counter!

GirlieShoppe

Formerly HermesNewbie
O.G.
Jun 2, 2008
Many apologies if there is an existing thread on this subject! I did a few searches and didn't come up with anything. Mods, if I missed an existing thread please feel free to merge or close this one! Thanks!!

I am looking to create a new space where I can store and put on my makeup. Years ago I had loads of makeup and beauty products but I pared way down and got rid of everything except the basics. I used to store my items in plastic containers, which wasn't very efficient. Now that I'm slowly getting back into buying makeup, I want to create a neat, organized space where I can sit and apply my makeup. I recently found this on Makeup By Cheryl's blog. Most of the pieces are from IKEA. I absolutely love the design but I don't need that much storage.

As I gather ideas I'd love to see other TPFers' vanities and makeup tables!

:biggrin:

Attachments

• MUStorage.jpg
    MUStorage.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 7,874
  • MU4.jpg
    MU4.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 2,493
I LOVE your set up, it looks so clean & organized. Love your wedding bouquet at the side too, such a beautiful personal touch.

I will be sure to upload pictures of mine.

Hi Trolley-Dolly, I wish this was my vanity! I got this photo from a beauty blogger. I'd like something like this but on a smaller scale since I don't have much makeup.

I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your setup!

Here's my set-up. :smile: Sorry it's just the makeup storage and not the whole area! I have a built-in vanity area with a sink between my bedroom and the bathroom, and that's where I store and do my makeup. I'd love to put together a gorgeous Ikea vanity, but I can't justify it.

24xjm12.jpg

Here's my set-up. :smile: Sorry it's just the makeup storage and not the whole area! I have a built-in vanity area with a sink between my bedroom and the bathroom, and that's where I store and do my makeup. I'd love to put together a gorgeous Ikea vanity, but I can't justify it.

24xjm12.jpg

I love it - everything is so neat and organized! Who makes the acrylic container you're using? I've seen several different brands online, but some of them are super expensive!

I like the IKEA vanity but I don't know if I can justify the cost either. I don't have much makeup so I definitely wouldn't need that much storage. Pretty much everything I have fits in a large cosmetics bag, but I also keep some items in a bathroom drawer.

I love it - everything is so neat and organized! Who makes the acrylic container you're using? I've seen several different brands online, but some of them are super expensive!

I like the IKEA vanity but I don't know if I can justify the cost either. I don't have much makeup so I definitely wouldn't need that much storage. Pretty much everything I have fits in a large cosmetics bag, but I also keep some items in a bathroom drawer.

I have the Muji drawers - they're fairly inexpensive! I think my whole set was under $100. I have two of the large 2 drawers and one large 5 drawer. :smile:

Haha, such a fun thread!! :smile:

Funny, too...cuz JUST got the same set-up (as pic above) for Xmas! [IKEA Malm dressing table, & 2 tall Alex 9 drawer units on either side].

Here are a few pics. Still "work in progress". Excuse the stuff on the floor. Also the wires under lights...hubs is gonna hide those, by drilling a hole n hiding in the wall n then drilling a hole out at the bottom of floor. So ya, those light wires won't be seen once all is finished. :smile:

Oh, and LOL my lil white stool is also from IKEA but it's like literally 18 yrs old?? idk lol but ya eventually wanna get a nice chair/stool something. Haven't decided. Figured I still had that lil stool and works fine for now. HAHA!

Btw, left Alex unit is makeup n some hair stuff (maybe 1 drawer is hair stuff?) Last 3 or 4 are empty. Right Alex unit is nail stuff. Nail art stuff, konad, etc. then nail polishes last 4 drawers.

Malm drawer...fave makeup and everyday stuff that I want to be able to get to easily.

Just waiting on hubs to put up lights on right side of my mirror! Which I believe, he's going to get to tomorrow. Hoping!!! :smile:

Attachments

• VanityFront-13.jpg
    VanityFront-13.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,605
  • VanitySide-7.jpg
    VanitySide-7.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 1,805
  • VanitySide2-5.jpg
    VanitySide2-5.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,642
  • VanityDrawer2-11.jpg
    VanityDrawer2-11.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,592
Last edited:
Looks great! Very inspirational. Thank you!

Planning a big bathroom reno and not getting anywhere with the design. Love your drawer set up and much prefer the flexibility of unfitted furniture.

Funny, too...cuz JUST got the same set-up (as pic above) for Xmas! [IKEA Malm dressing table, & 2 tall Alex 9 drawer units on either side].

Here are a few pics. Still "work in progress". Excuse the stuff on the floor. Also the wires under lights...hubs is gonna hide those, by drilling a hole n hiding in the wall n then drilling a hole out at the bottom of floor. So ya, those light wires won't be seen once all is finished. :smile:

Oh, and LOL my lil white stool is also from IKEA but it's like literally 18 yrs old?? idk lol but ya eventually wanna get a nice chair/stool something. Haven't decided. Figured I still had that lil stool and works fine for now. HAHA!

Btw, left Alex unit is makeup n some hair stuff (maybe 1 drawer is hair stuff?) Last 3 or 4 are empty. Right Alex unit is nail stuff. Nail art stuff, konad, etc. then nail polishes last 4 drawers.

Malm drawer...fave makeup and everyday stuff that I want to be able to get to easily.

Just waiting on hubs to put up lights on right side of my mirror! Which I believe, he's going to get to tomorrow. Hoping!!! :smile:

Very pretty vanity setup ladies! Love all those white storage ideas with the accessories and lighted mirrors.

Here is mine. It is essentially a vanity built into my bathroom counter, but I don't sit at it. All of my makeup and beauty supplies are stored in my wood chest here and each drawer is reserved for a certain item like a drawer for brushes, another for blushes, a drawer for lipglosses/ lipsticks and the 3 large bottom drawers are for all eyeshadows assorted by color. The large top just holds larger items that don't fit elsewhere like foundation, sponges, primers, extra brushes, larger containers of items and my smaller perfume samples.

Attachments

• photo 1-2.JPG
    photo 1-2.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 1,573
  • photo 2-1.JPG
    photo 2-1.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 1,564
WOW - it looks absolutely amazing! Now I'm thinking I do need the Malm table and at least one of the Alex drawers. Thanks so much for sharing!

ETA: Where did you buy the acrylic dividers in the drawer and the container holding your makeup brushes? And the lights around the mirror?

Last edited:
Very pretty vanity setup ladies! Love all those white storage ideas with the accessories and lighted mirrors.

Here is mine. It is essentially a vanity built into my bathroom counter, but I don't sit at it. All of my makeup and beauty supplies are stored in my wood chest here and each drawer is reserved for a certain item like a drawer for brushes, another for blushes, a drawer for lipglosses/ lipsticks and the 3 large bottom drawers are for all eyeshadows assorted by color. The large top just holds larger items that don't fit elsewhere like foundation, sponges, primers, extra brushes, larger containers of items and my smaller perfume samples.

I love this! Where did you find it?