Post Ebay/Web Hermes Finds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, I never thought of it like that! So if you had to guess would you say this seller and also J***F**** usually sell alot lower than their Ebay listing price? I never tried to make them an offer because I would never pay that much more than retail, but if they transact for lower, then I would be tempted!
They donot come from 22 to 12 k if you are thinking that......they may sell at 18-19k depending on the bag and sometimes may come down to 20 if it is a highly desirable bag..... but the reseller markups are getting higher by each day....there are only few resellers who price reasonably..... i think a bag sells really quickly if priced reasonably...:smile::smile:

My guess is that the last thing they want is to sell their bags via ebay. They advertise their inventory, they put outrageous price tags to make sure nobody is going to place any bid, they wait for offers and sell privately.

Does that make sense ?

Ordinarily, I would agree. However, I contacted this seller many years ago to purchase something - it has to be at least 3 or 4 years ago. She didn't entertain any offers - and she still has the item today...so I am not sure how she does any business...

hermeshunter said:
Ordinarily, I would agree. However, I contacted this seller many years ago to purchase something - it has to be at least 3 or 4 years ago. She didn't entertain any offers - and she still has the item today...so I am not sure how she does any business...

Now that you mention, I remember having the same experience about last year when I was still looking. The reason she gave for the extreme markup was due to the "acquisition price". She doesn't buy all her bags in person. That would raise too much suspicion. She "acquires" them from H clients.

Oh gosh, I never thought of it like that! So if you had to guess would you say this seller and also J***F**** usually sell alot lower than their Ebay listing price? I never tried to make them an offer because I would never pay that much more than retail, but if they transact for lower, then I would be tempted!

Totally agree, but I really do not understand why does this reseller want to price his/ her items like that. It is major a turn off seeing such ridiculous prices.

I do daily automatic pre-set searches for specific items and of specific sellers. But these resellers with the ridiculous prices are not on my list. I purchased two bags from Jane awhile back and the prices were as marked, no discount. I've been told that she directs her sales off of e-bay offering I believe free shipping (can't remember exactly) and that off course saves the e-bay / Paypal commission which is not cheap, but this also circumvents the safety and protection of e-bay in the event of a problem. I have purchased many bags from various resellers who have suggested we take the sale off of e-bay and I've refused because those few extra bucks for me buys peace of mind. And with purchases of this much money, definitely want a safety net under me in the event of any issue.

Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.