Poppy pocket hobo or glam tote?

joy75

Feb 15, 2010
I don't know why, but I am having such a hard time deciding between these two bags. My husband bought the patent pocket hobo in rose for my birthday last month. (He knew I wanted a pink purse.) I love the shade of pink, but it slips off of my shoulder a little more than I would like. I like the crossbody option--I have 4 kids, so hands-free is nice. I bought the patent glam tote in amethyst on clearance at Macy's, but it is purple. Again, I really want a pink purse. The tote is nice and roomy, but no crossbody option. I like how the tote fits on my shoulder. I am considering getting the glam tote in rose instead.
I keep flip-flopping between the two. If you have both, which do you prefer and why? Which would you pick? Help!! BTW, this is my only Poppy bag.
(Thanks in advance for your opinions :smile:)

My bf just bought me a Glam yesterday and I got the Poppy Pocket Hobo last month. I can't really say much about the Glam yet except that I've always wanted one and think they are very roomy tote bags. However, the Pocket Hobo is a bag I absolutely love. I took it to Vegas a couple weeks ago and it did its job. I only wear it crossbody, but every now and then I sling it on my shoulder and I love it that way also because it has great slouch and sits well on my shoulder. I usually have problems with shoulder bag slippage, but this is a bag that sits better than most others. I personally would keep the Pocket Hobo because you want a pink bag that's functional. I honestly don't know how much more functional you can get than that bag. If you like the Glam though, then go for that. It's up to you what suits you better.

i think the poppy pocket hobo is better...just imo because the magnetic snap pockets are easier to manage then the zippers in front of the glam tote version..not to mention if you put your keys and cellphone in there (things you need to get right away) it won't show as a bulge like the flat zipper compartments of the glam tote..and you can have one side pocket with the cellphone and the other side with keys :smile:

also the pocket hobo drapes better on body then the glam tote, which is a bit more like a bookbag to me..or when you need files/things in it that can't be bent.

cross body is definitely a handy option with four kids! and great for security and right now crossbody style bag is on a comeback wave (trend wise)

plus i just think the pocket hobo is more durable then the glam tote imho..and that is from having one, and handling them on a daily basis.

I have both but strongly prefer the Glam tote. It's much more comfortable, and I don't really like the way the pocket hobo slouches with that tag..it looks a bit odd IMO. I have no problems with any of the zippers on my tote, but I know that some people have reported sticky zippers. I have multiple Glam totes, have used them a lot, and have had no problems with them at all. I like to use this bag on trips or day shopping because it's very comfy (sits flat) and easy to handle in crowds. Maybe if the Coach patch were not there on the hobo, and it were larger, I would like the pocket hobo more, IDK...but I also like the roominess of the Glam better. I somehow have a little issue with the hobo on that score...probably my large wallet for one. I don't do xbody bags, though, so I didn't factor that in. I like both, but just that I like Glam better. If you need a xbody option, then it sounds like a no brainer, though! That, and you already have a Glam. JMO. Good luck on your decision!!

I have the glam tote and love it. I saw the pocket hobo in person, and I don't really care for the shape.

Also, I've never had any problems with the front zippers. But I hardly put anything in them.

baglady, you just hit it! I now know what was bothering me about the hobo yesterday when I was trying it on. The darn tag keeps the bag from slouching properly! I REALLY liked the hobo in chalk with gold hardware. It was between that bag and the hippie but everytime I put the hobo on or set it down, I had to physically make it slouch good. The tag is too big and kept getting in the way! I can't comment on the Glam tote. I have not seen those in person but it sounds like that might be a better choice for you.