Poppy MFF Bags??

Mandy421

Jun 3, 2011
I went to my outlet the other day and purchased a black patent Poppy Jazzy Hobo from the 40% off section of deletes. I assumed it was a delete but when I looked at the creed today I saw this

ff64f5d4.jpg

Soooo not really a delete? It has the F in front of the style number and was made in Sept of this year.

Here's the outside of the bag. I don't see any differences from the original

9b877d93.jpg

Since I've only been collecting Coach for less than a year, I've never come across something like this. Has Coach done this sort of thing before? Usually MFF bags that are remakes are slightly different from the FP counterpart (and I've never seen an MFF bag with the Poppy patch on the front). But this one looks the same as the FP one to me. I looked on ebay and there are others like this, including a Spotlight that they had a few of at my outlet as well. Anyone have any info on this?

I saw that same bag at the outlet and also thought it was a full price delete, as did the SA who showed it to me. But when I checked the creed I saw the F there just like in your photo. I didn't think to check the tag, does yours say it's a Poppy?

I have seen other MFF Poppy designs showing up on Ebay. Every style that is a big seller eventually gets redone by the factory.
It's a nice bag. It doesn't matter if it is MFF or FP delete.

I have seen other MFF Poppy designs showing up on Ebay. Every style that is a big seller eventually gets redone by the factory.
It's a nice bag. It doesn't matter if it is MFF or FP delete.

I agree it's a nice bag, I just haven't seen an MFF bag that was an exact copy and wondered if this is common for Coach to do. All the remakes I've seen before had slight differences. Just thought it was odd is all. Still totally happy with my purchase;)

I agree it's a nice bag, I just haven't seen an MFF bag that was an exact copy and wondered if this is common for Coach to do. All the remakes I've seen before had slight differences. Just thought it was odd is all. Still totally happy with my purchase;)
Yes, usually there are differences, at least in color or hardware. It might be different with Poppy because the line is cheaper to begin with than most of the FP boutique bags. Are you sure the lining is the same color as the original?

I had a similar experience with a Kristin satchel.
I saw one in the 40% section at the outlet. Debated about getting it and in the end, opted for a different bag. For the next couple of days I kept thinking about the bag I didn't get. Called the outlet, they were sold out and there were none in the other outlets in the state. I started watching ebay to see it would show up (and one priced the same as what I would have paid at the outlet!) It took a while but a NWT one came up and I got it for the same price I would have paid. I was so surprised it was a MFF bag b/c it really looks & feels like a FP bag. (I rarely go for the MMF bags anymore- not on purpose, but I can see a difference in quality sometimes.)

(I took back the other one I bought.)

Anyway, this bag also came with a dustbag.
The tag on it says: KRI SIGSAT DZIP STCH (B4/Lt.Khaki/Peony)
F16872
Oh, and the creed has a bullseye too! lol!

This is it: (not my picture- taken from ebay)

kristinsatchelsig.jpg

Interesting about the Kristin! Mine did not come with a dustbag, but I guess that makes sense since it's not technically a delete.

Did you get it at an outlet? Was it in the 40% section? (Just curious.)
When I was looking at the outlet I didn't even look at the creed b/c I just assumed it was a delete.

Yes, usually there are differences, at least in color or hardware. It might be different with Poppy because the line is cheaper to begin with than most of the FP boutique bags. Are you sure the lining is the same color as the original?

Good point about them being cheaper to make. I did look on ebay to find the original version and the lining appears to be the same color. I'm glad they kept the same color because I think it's beautiful. :smile:

Did you get it at an outlet? Was it in the 40% section? (Just curious.)
When I was looking at the outlet I didn't even look at the creed b/c I just assumed it was a delete.

Yes it was in the 40% section which is why I assumed it was a delete too. I've never seen an MFF bag in that section before. I think they were also sold in the recent online factory sale.

Yes it was in the 40% section which is why I assumed it was a delete too. I've never seen an MFF bag in that section before. I think they were also sold in the recent online factory sale.

Ah, this makes sense! Well, either way I do love it. I rarely get a sig bag but this one I just loved!

I've seen this before, with lavendar Juliannes, Ali shoulder bags (I forgot the color but I think it was a berry shade) and large quartz Brookes with F in front of the style number on the creed (note that F in front of the style number on the price tag doesn't mean the bag is MFF, it just means the tag was printed at the factory store). Same thing, they made their debut in the clearance section. Those F-creeded large quartz Brookes showed up in the outlet clearance section long before Brooke was part of the MFF floorset. I have a FP delete large quartz Brooke and the MFF one looked and felt just like mine if I recall correctly.

At the time, some of us speculated that the manufacturing plants might've had some materials or partially-completed bags left over from when these bags were at FP, and Coach agreed to buy them from the plants (maybe at a discount) but because the bags are no longer in a FP floorset they technically were being made just for the outlets at that point. So, a different kind of MFF.....made for factory but not in a regular factory floorset.

Now if only those manufacturing plants would "find" some 2006 Legacy.....:graucho:

ETA: OP, I wouldn't worry too much about the F in this case. Better to have an F-creeded bag fresh from the plant and made exactly like its recent FP predecessor than a shopworn FP delete floor model with shelf damage. Enjoy your new bag!