Popincourt Haut or Cabas Piano

rica

Aug 11, 2006
Me again....im still looking for a shoulder "tote bag". I think i have narrowed it down to these 2 bags. I was actually leaning towards getting the PH but i saw the thread on the handles always slipping off. Would the Cabas Piano be better? Im just worried about all that vachetta on the bottom (does it have feet? it is completely covered with vachetta on the bottom right?):shrugs: :s :confused1:

Yes, the Cabas is covered with vachetta on the bottom and no feet. I used to have the Cabas and I didn't have too much problems with the handles slipping. I just always put the outside handle way over the inside one and it stayed fine. I spray all the vachetta with Shinning Monkey and that helps protect against water damage. Just have to be careful where you put it down!!

^^ I agree...

I do like the look of the pop haut, but if you're thinking of using it as a tote...are you going to be putting any papers in it? B/c the measurements say the PH is 10.6 x 9 inches...which would make papers an awkward fit...that's what turned me away from the PH and towards the CP; the CP would fit papers better...

you'd just have to be careful about the bottom...

I like the PH but it's on the small side for a tote. The zipper is a plus though.

I like the CP but the vachetta bottom would be a worry for sure. I don't think I'm helping very much.

Did you look at the BH or BV?

piperlu said:
I like the PH but it's on the small side for a tote. The zipper is a plus though.

I like the CP but the vachetta bottom would be a worry for sure. I don't think I'm helping very much.

Did you look at the BH or BV?

im not too crazy about the BH & BV, I really dont mind the size of the PH but the CP does have more space...its just all theat vachetta on the bottom.......

i don't really like the shape of the Cabas Piano, and the fact that the bottom is completely vachetta :yucky:

i've never had a problem with my Popincourt Haut straps. they're right where they should be :lol:. and it's such a cute shape, and can hold a lot if you organize everything properly :yes:

If you're looking for a tote, then the Cabas Piano would be great. On the other hand, if you're mainly using it to place small - medium size items in (pocketbooks, etc.) , then the popincourt haut would be a better choice.

I have a popincourt haut and I love mine.

PinkSuadeSoho said:
I have the Cabas Mezzo and love it. I carry a small towel every where I go, and if I set the bag down, it is protected by my towel. Call me crazy-

ha ha ha!!! i love it:nuts: what do people say???? my husband would laugh at me, but you know thats a GREAT idea:roflmfao: