POLL: Cartier Love Ring- diamonds or no diamonds?

vagabag

O.G.
Dec 31, 2006
Okay, so I got a yellow gold cartier love ring (the thicker one, not the wedding band). I got it without diamonds, just plain screws as I thought it looked simple and classic. However. my hubby is having me rethink it and said he thinks it looks better with diamonds. I like white gold with diamonds but I know the white gold is harder to care for given the rhodium finish so if I got diamonds, it would be in yellow gold. So, give me your opinion of first, second and third choices and tell me why! Thanks so much for helping me out!

Yellow Gold Plain Screws Only
Yellow Gold Alternating Diamonds
Yellow Gold Full Diamonds

I prefer it either plain gold or with one diamond. I think that this whole concept is about the screws and with diamonds it doesn't look that interesting.

i just got the WG band with 1 diamond, i read somewhere here the white gold on its own is made diff to the white gold with the diamond, so if thats true would you reconsider white gold with 1 diamond? :smile: i love WG in love if thats suits your skin.....otherwise YG with 1 diamond. i like the screws on it and would not like to have full diamonds for that reason, but 1 or 3 i think is very nice! good luck with your choices.

Hmm. I'm not familiar with the love ring with just one diamond. Do you have a photo? Is this the the thinner band?

i just got the WG band with 1 diamond, i read somewhere here the white gold on its own is made diff to the white gold with the diamond, so if thats true would you reconsider white gold with 1 diamond? :smile: i love WG in love if thats suits your skin.....otherwise YG with 1 diamond. i like the screws on it and would not like to have full diamonds for that reason, but 1 or 3 i think is very nice! good luck with your choices.

I would get it either plain or with alternating diamonds so you still see the screw design...

Whichever you get, it's a lovely ring that can easily be worn with many other designs in case you like to mix your jewellery.

Going in today to pick up a few pieces before the price increase and debating if I should get the WG love with 3 diamonds or two plain love rings (in WG and RG). The diamond love is more than double the price of the plain WG love, and I’m not sure if those 3 little diamonds are worth an extra $2K. Thoughts on diamonds or no diamonds?

Going in today to pick up a few pieces before the price increase and debating if I should get the WG love with 3 diamonds or two plain love rings (in WG and RG). The diamond love is more than double the price of the plain WG love, and I’m not sure if those 3 little diamonds are worth an extra $2K. Thoughts on diamonds or no diamonds?

There are a few reasons for the increased price.

1. White gold is pricier in general than the other golds as can be seen on all the items on the Cartier site.

2. You can verify/confirm this info with your SA or you may be able to visually see the difference if true or not, but a previous user on the forum stated the gold is thicker when the ring contains diamonds as to accommodate the diamonds (33% thicker) so there’s more gold weight.

Last edited:
1) I’ve always wondered why WG is more expensive than the other golds?

2) I will compare the two rings today! I do have the Love ring in RG with diamonds and it is quite substantial in thickness and weight.

Favorite is plain, second would be alternating diamonds. I’d go pave over full diamonds as the screw motif is the signature look of the love line and without them, it could be a diamond band from anywhere. I went with the plain band myself, but that’s also bc I was looking to stack it with a diamond band.

Reactions: chloe_78