Polene Numero Dix (Number Ten)

There aren't a whole lot of reviews on this bag yet so I thought I'd add my thoughts here. I got the bag yesterday (the regular, not the hobo) and was surprised by how small it seemed. However, I am able to fit:
  • iphone 12 mini
  • small, thin notebook
  • pen
  • keys
  • airpods pro
  • compact foundation
  • compact powder
  • lipstick
  • small pack of tissue
  • two lip balms
  • cardholder
  • eye drops
  • mini hand cream
  • bandaids and alcohol wipes
  • face mask
That pretty much fills the bag. The inner pocket is really only good for my bandaids and alcohol wipes because you can't put anything tall or fat in it. If it's tall, it presses against the bag when you close it to zip it up. That's one thing to keep in mind about the bag overall, that the top tapers so the zippers can close.

The one annoying feature I found was the strap squeaking. Because the handle loop is what connects to the bag, the leather rubs against the leather and makes a lot of squeaking sounds. I tried putting leather conditioner but that only fixed the noise for about 30 minutes. The best solution was lip balm (which is why I carry two, one for my lips and one in case the bag squeaks). I put some heavy moisturizing lip balm on my fingertip and rubbed it against the leather part that was squeaking and even hours later, it still worked!

There aren't a whole lot of reviews on this bag yet so I thought I'd add my thoughts here. I got the bag yesterday (the regular, not the hobo) and was surprised by how small it seemed. However, I am able to fit:
  • iphone 12 mini
  • small, thin notebook
  • pen
  • keys
  • airpods pro
  • compact foundation
  • compact powder
  • lipstick
  • small pack of tissue
  • two lip balms
  • cardholder
  • eye drops
  • mini hand cream
  • bandaids and alcohol wipes
  • face mask
That pretty much fills the bag. The inner pocket is really only good for my bandaids and alcohol wipes because you can't put anything tall or fat in it. If it's tall, it presses against the bag when you close it to zip it up. That's one thing to keep in mind about the bag overall, that the top tapers so the zippers can close.

The one annoying feature I found was the strap squeaking. Because the handle loop is what connects to the bag, the leather rubs against the leather and makes a lot of squeaking sounds. I tried putting leather conditioner but that only fixed the noise for about 30 minutes. The best solution was lip balm (which is why I carry two, one for my lips and one in case the bag squeaks). I put some heavy moisturizing lip balm on my fingertip and rubbed it against the leather part that was squeaking and even hours later, it still worked!

Thanks for the review and thoughts! I've been eyeing this bag since the release and still deciding whether or not I should go for it, as I'm on the 1 bag per year plan

Hello everyone I need a little help. I can't decide between camel or cognac. I saw pictures on Polene page and cognac looks little bit like brick colour. Am I wrong? Thank you
What did you end up deciding? I’m currently debating between the smooth cognac or textured black. I don’t love their textured leather and was initially thinking to go black but I don’t love the contrast stitching on the smooth black option.

Adding my new numero Dix to this thread. I brought this back from Paris with me! The only color they had in stock was the cognac. I usually don’t buy this color. I really wanted black but this color really shows it’s equestrian saddlebag aesthetic, which the SA pointed out to me. I’ve really been enjoying it.
F51F9EBD-0CCF-490B-9B79-B89BD9A8C142.jpeg

I can't tell - does this pretty bag have exterior slip pockets or is that just the design I'm seeing?
No slip pockets--I thought the same thing when I first saw the smooth leather version. I think the contours of the bag like the slightly raised bottom panel along with the contrast stitching and smooth leather emphasize its lines.