Pochette Metis

I think a canvas bag can be formal such as the eva, the alma bb without the strap, the favorite and I think the PM can be if used without the strap. I just used my bag at a formal LV event and I think it looked just fine. I also find it to be a nice casual bag, it's all about how you style it.

View attachment 3580270 View attachment 3580272

The difference to me between this and Eva is the chain. I think the chain adds a touch of formality to the Eva that the PM doesn't have. Yours is slightly dressier because it's blank.

I think a canvas bag can be formal such as the eva, the alma bb without the strap, the favorite and I think the PM can be if used without the strap. I just used my bag at a formal LV event and I think it looked just fine. I also find it to be a nice casual bag, it's all about how you style it.

View attachment 3580270 View attachment 3580272
You look gorgeous!! I think each of us has a different definition of "formal." I dress similar to your "formal" to go out to a nice dinner. And your bag looks perfect with that dress. When I dress "formal" it is more of a black tie event (large business functions, etc) and a canvas LV bag would be too casual.

You look gorgeous!! I think each of us has a different definition of "formal." I dress similar to your "formal" to go out to a nice dinner. And your bag looks perfect with that dress. When I dress "formal" it is more of a black tie event (large business functions, etc) and a canvas LV bag would be too casual.

Funny, I think of it the same way. Dressy and formal are two different things to me. I'd wear my Empreinte Speedy for a dressy occasion, but formal to me means a Chanel flap or a clutch.

Reactions: Needanotherbag

Thanks and I agree, formality is rather subjective. Would I wear the PM to a ballroom gala? No. Would I wear it to a nice charity dinner, Yes I would. I hate fancy events and typically avoid them like the plague.

Reactions: Needanotherbag