Pochette Métis

littleboss

Oct 25, 2019
Hi everyone!
Today I received my second pochette Métis (I had to send back the first one because it was used and I made a post about it) but I’m a little bit worried about it because of the bad experience with my first one.
I’ve checked the bag and seems to be new.. it was made the 9 week of 2020 so I don’t know if it’s a return of someone else since it was made few weeks ago..
it was made in Spain.. is that ok? Is the quality still good? The majority of lv lovers want the “made in France”, but I don’t know if it is for quality or something else..
there are no scratches on the hardware and there is also the plastic protection..
When I open the bag, I see some wrinkles on the back.. is it ok?
One doubt is made by the box that hasn’t the ribbon like always.. is that a sign of return?
Probably I am just paranoid, but I’d like to hear your opinion.. thank you!

Going by your description the bag sounds fine. The missing ribbon is possibly due to the chaotic times were going through just now. When the boutiques reopen and you're still worried you can take the bag in to be checked on. In the meantime just enjoy your beautiful bag.

I think you're just being paranoid. If you are happy with the condition of the bag then that's all that matters. No ribbon probably just means that the worker forgot, was lazy, or maybe they were out of ribbon that day. Even if the date code is not as recent as you'd like, that could mean many things... like it could have sat in a warehouse for awhile until a certain number of units were made before being shipped out. By the sounds of it, your bag seems perfectly fine.

Missing the ribbon??? Paranoid? Yes!

Am I the only one that doesn't care at all where the item was made? I also don't give a flying fig about the date code & when it was made. :shrugs:

As long as there are no really bad quality issue's & I'm not talking about getting a microscope out to find something wrong!

I think the reason why most people want 'Made in France' is because Louis Vuitton is a French company. I also think people who care about where their bag was made prefer MIF because there is the notion that MIF bags are of better quality.

I don't see how a lack of ribbon would be a sign of a return because any returned item would have to be unpacked and inspected, so once it's re-ordered they would wrap it again. Whoever wrapped your PM probably just forgot. Sometimes people return items for reasons other than quality. Your bag could be a return because the person who originally bought it didn't like the style, but otherwise the bag is in great condition.

My bag wrinkles in the back when I open it and I bought mine over a year ago.

Enjoy your bag!

Hi everyone!
Today I received my second pochette Métis (I had to send back the first one because it was used and I made a post about it) but I’m a little bit worried about it because of the bad experience with my first one.
I’ve checked the bag and seems to be new.. it was made the 9 week of 2020 so I don’t know if it’s a return of someone else since it was made few weeks ago..
it was made in Spain.. is that ok? Is the quality still good? The majority of lv lovers want the “made in France”, but I don’t know if it is for quality or something else..
there are no scratches on the hardware and there is also the plastic protection..
When I open the bag, I see some wrinkles on the back.. is it ok?
One doubt is made by the box that hasn’t the ribbon like always.. is that a sign of return?
Probably I am just paranoid, but I’d like to hear your opinion.. thank you!
I think you are being paranoid. You say it seems new, sounds like there are no issues. I wouldn’t even worry about the ribbon. Use the bag and enjoy!

My PM didn’t look perfect when I received it. The middle compartment was wrinkled and the front compartment seemed a bit warped. After putting my things in it it has settled and is perfect imo. They are handmade, and may take a bit to settle. Mine is made in the USA which
is fine to me. I finally have this gorgeous bag and I love it!