Pochette Metis: new empreinte or mono canvas help me choose!

Last night, my SA brought out one of the two pm Emps they had in the store for me to look at. While It looks lovely in the emp, the interior is quite "crackle-y" for lack of a better word. You'll see when you open it up and move the divided section around a little. It sounds like there is paper or something in between the layers of fabric lining which makes a noise when you move it.

Last night, my SA brought out one of the two pm Emps they had in the store for me to look at. While It looks lovely in the emp, the interior is quite "crackle-y" for lack of a better word. You'll see when you open it up and move the divided section around a little. It sounds like there is paper or something in between the layers of fabric lining which makes a noise when you move it.

Really?!? That would drive me crazy!! This doesn't happen on mono canvas does it??

That's disappointing news! Hope that was a one off mistake.

Reactions: Born4thjuly
It might have some type of interfacing that is sewn into the fabric. It could leave the fabric feeling stiffer, but certain types of interfacing is used to hold the shape and prevent wrinkles. That's why it may sound crackly too because some interfacing sounds papery or crunchy if that makes sense. But there is also a very thin soft interfacing used for various purposes. I use to sew garments a long time ago and I would use interfacing all the time. I'm assuming it works the same for certain handbags too. Ultimately, it probably will hold it's shape in the lining, but it may sound kind of annoying. I have yet to see this bag in person though. I'm still on the waitlist in my city!

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
It might have some type of interfacing that is sewn into the fabric. It could leave the fabric feeling stiffer, but certain types of interfacing is used to hold the shape and prevent wrinkles. That's why it may sound crackly too because some interfacing sounds papery or crunchy if that makes sense. But there is also a very thin soft interfacing used for various purposes. I use to sew garments a long time ago and I would use interfacing all the time. I'm assuming it works the same for certain handbags too. Ultimately, it probably will hold it's shape in the lining, but it may sound kind of annoying. I have yet to see this bag in person though. I'm still on the waitlist in my city!

I think what you've said is pretty accurate. There is some type of interfacing used between the fabric for the dividing sections to give it some shape and stability. Without it the dividers would be really limp and not helpful for holding things up. That being said I just got mine on Saturday and I don't have any crackling issues with my dividers. Their is no sound to the interior at all.

Just to tell you I have a Mazarine in black Empreinte for 1 year now, it did not lost its shape, the corners are perfection, no problems at all !
And I am a mum of 2 small children (3y boy and 9 months girls), I work outside, it is sometimes overstuffed, and still perfect !
Be confident !
You are exactly right. I had my Empreinte Speedy 30 old model for 8 months and used it pretty much everyday. Besides from the issues I had with the glazing, I had no problems with the Empreinte leather. It didn't lose any of its shape, there was no stretching, the embossing looked as good as the day I got it and there was no corner wear either. The bag was perfection. If it wasn't for the glazing I would still have it. I loved that bag so much, which is why I've given Empreinte a second chance with the PM. I do feel more confident in the glazing on the PM as well. It seems to be more substantial than it was on my Speedy. Here's hoping it stays that way. But I do feel that everyone can feel confident in this bag and to give it a chance and not worry about how the Empreinte will wear over time. You'll love it!!!

I think what you've said is pretty accurate. There is some type of interfacing used between the fabric for the dividing sections to give it some shape and stability. Without it the dividers would be really limp and not helpful for holding things up. That being said I just got mine on Saturday and I don't have any crackling issues with my dividers. Their is no sound to the interior at all.
That's good to know. I'm glad you're doesn't make noise. I'll take your word about it being the interfacing and it being in there to help keep the interior's shape. Perhaps it was just the bag I was fondling. ☺ What color did you get??

Reactions: bag345addict
That's good to know. I'm glad you're doesn't make noise. I'll take your word about it being the interfacing and it being in there to help keep the interior's shape. Perhaps it was just the bag I was fondling. ☺ What color did you get??
I got it in the noir. I think it looks very classy, but can be casual as well. Very all purpose for me. Really, though I love all the colours it comes in.

I guess every bag is different as we have all seen on TPF. Enjoy your new bag! Thanks for posting the review! It was nice to hear your detailed assessment of the bag!

Reactions: bag345addict