Pochette bag in raffia and calfskin

I actually made the trek to a store an hr away today and tried this bag on.
The raffia feels quite substantial and the bag fits quite a bit for a small bag. Unfortunately for me though the strap was a bit short for crossbody wear. I wish they made crossbody bags with an adjustable strap!

Reactions: Straight-Laced
I don’t own the raffia pochette but I do have a raffia Slit bag as well as the very small cylinder raffia pocket bag and they get regular use due to my lifestyle/climate. Both great bags showing minimal if any obvious wear so far and I would have considered adding the raffia pochette too until @maely mentioned the non-adjustable strap, which doesn’t work for me - my Loewe raffia bags have adjustable straps.

Wanted to add that I’m sort of expecting the raffia to change colour over time, that is darken from age/heat/handling, but it hasn’t happened yet (the Slit bag is about 2 years old now I think) so I’m just speculating. It has happened to other natural raffia bags in my humid climate so we’ll see.

My partner has the slit tote as well, maybe because it's always worn crossbody, some strands of raffia has come loose and our SA had to "weave" them back in for us. But it's a really great bag and my partner loves using it, even more so than some of his more expensive bags from Loewe!

Any updates on how people’s basket bags are holding up? I just bought the raffia pochette, but pretty concerned about keeping it as the aftercare guide says Loewe does NOT fix raffia/basket items and once they are damaged, that’s it and good luck.
Really torn on if it’s worth it to keep, hoping it’s usable for many many years and not 1-2 ($700 usd for 1 summer of use is steep for me)