Po won't let me do signature confirmation and insurance

LVBagLady

O.G.
Jan 19, 2006
I always ship using signature confirmation and insurance. Today I shipped an item I sold on ebay for $550. They wouldn't let me do both signature confirmation and insurance. I ended up shipping using the insurance. They said the computer would not allow them to do both.

I always ship using signature confirmation and insurance. Today I shipped an item I sold on ebay for $550. They wouldn't let me do both signature confirmation and insurance. I ended up shipping using the insurance. They said the computer would not allow them to do both.
I have had this happen too I always go with the insurance because anything insured over $199 automatically requires a signature.

I thought paypal required the signature confirmation. I always got both. Sometimes I had to argue, but in the end I got it. This time they said the computer would not do both.

I thought paypal required the signature confirmation. I always got both. Sometimes I had to argue, but in the end I got it. This time they said the computer would not do both.

If you insure anything over $500 at USPS it automatically comes with a signature. I've spoken to a PP rep about this. They said bc of USPS' new change you don't have to add on the SC (you can't anyways) if you insure at or over that amount. The tracking page also tells you it will come with a signature upon delivery and if needed, you can always request a copy of the actual signature (I don't believe it's viewable online) which is enough to ensure your PP seller protection. But in your case, since the item isn't even $750+ no signature is actually required for you to retain seller protection. It just needs to show "delivered".

I've been over this with the PO multiple times and they're wrong. To the PO it's the same thing but for your purposes it isn't. The signature that comes with insurance is not viewable online and neither PP or eBay accept it as proof if you can even get a copy.

For this package as long as you have a tracking number that works (insurance numbers are not trackable) then you are OK since the minimum requirement for a signature is $750. In the future if there's a package you need to send worth over $750 demand signature confirmation. If the clerk doesn't know how to do both signature confirmation and insurance then request a supervisor.

I've been over this with the PO multiple times and they're wrong. To the PO it's the same thing but for your purposes it isn't. The signature that comes with insurance is not viewable online and neither PP or eBay accept it as proof if you can even get a copy.

For this package as long as you have a tracking number that works (insurance numbers are not trackable) then you are OK since the minimum requirement for a signature is $750. In the future if there's a package you need to send worth over $750 demand signature confirmation. If the clerk doesn't know how to do both signature confirmation and insurance then request a supervisor.

Have you requested this recently? SC is NOT available for purchases insured over $500 at least with USPS. You cannot add this option at the PO or online. They completely removed it. I talked to a a supervisor at my PO and he said that if you wanted an electronic copy of the signature, you can now request it (for eBay/pp cases). I know before, the signature that comes with the insurance wasn't viewable/you couldn't request the electronic signature as proof. In addition, before if you just insured, even though at a certain point it does come with a "signature", the tracking online would just simply say "insured" but nothing about a signature. Now, with the new change, if you insure over $500, the tracking online actually says "insured" and "signature confirmation". So the PO won't sell OP SC because it's redundant. And I believe, that so long as the online tracking says "SC" you're covered by the eBay/PP seller protection.

Have you requested this recently? SC is NOT available for purchases insured over $500 at least with USPS. You cannot add this option at the PO or online. They completely removed it. I talked to a a supervisor at my PO and he said that if you wanted an electronic copy of the signature, you can now request it (for eBay/pp cases). I know before, the signature that comes with the insurance wasn't viewable/you couldn't request the electronic signature as proof. In addition, before if you just insured, even though at a certain point it does come with a "signature", the tracking online would just simply say "insured" but nothing about a signature. Now, with the new change, if you insure over $500, the tracking online actually says "insured" and "signature confirmation". So the PO won't sell OP SC because it's redundant. And I believe, that so long as the online tracking says "SC" you're covered by the eBay/PP seller protection.

No, I did the opposite. I bought signature confirmation and then purchased insurance separately.They gave me two numbers but only the SC one was trackable to my knowledge. It's possible that it was redundant but they did give me both when I demanded it.

It's important to note that even a requested copy of the signature in an electronic format is not admissable to eBay/PP they have to be able to look up the signature in association with tracking on their own.

No, I did the opposite. I bought signature confirmation and then purchased insurance separately.They gave me two numbers but only the SC one was trackable to my knowledge. It's possible that it was redundant but they did give me both when I demanded it.

It's important to note that even a requested copy of the signature in an electronic format is not admissable to eBay/PP they have to be able to look up the signature in association with tracking on their own.

so was this always the case? its good to know because i never purchase signature confirmation bc anything over $500 automatically have SC. The lady at the post office told me i don't need to purchase it bc its included with the insurance. So paypal or eBay will not accept it if a claim was file?

Curious to know any updates or experiences with this! I'm having the same issue of not being able to purchase signature confirmation after purchasing insurance. Thank you!