PM or GM Evelyn

Jul 2, 2012
Looking for either size in black/noir clemence leather with silver hardware. For a first Evelyn which size would you choose? I am 5’10” and 145 pounds. I like a big bag but really want an every day easy bag. Currently I’m carrying the LV Odeon in MM and love it. Just been eyeing this bag for too long and I’ve started a cash stash that is growing. I consider buying it used but maybe it’s the time of year have not been able to find it used or new in the stores!

I think both are fine for your height. Depends how much you like to carry around. The GM can get heavy if you fill it, though. For reference I am 5’2” and prefer the PM. Side note: The buckle on the shoulder strap is a bit uncomfortable for me, though. I prefer the strap without the buckle.

I’m 5’, but I find the PM size perfect. I think you’ll be able to find noir in either size if you commit yourself to stalking the site (US.... not sure about other countries). I’ve seen it pop up a lot lately.

Reactions: Karen Laughlin
I have both and these days I prefer the GM. I use organizers which does cut down on how much you can carry. So that is a factor for me. Have you checked the dimensions on both bags? If you love the Odeon MM I think it's closer in size to the Hermes GM.

Reactions: lulilu
I also have both sizes. My PM was first and then my mother gifted me a GM. I’m only 5”3 and first thought the GM seemed huge, but quickly got used to it. It’s been my everyday bag for a few years. Now if I switch back to my PM is seems small! I would say it’s all about personal preference :smile:

Reactions: lulilu
I have both and these days I prefer the GM. I use organizers which does cut down on how much you can carry. So that is a factor for me. Have you checked the dimensions on both bags? If you love the Odeon MM I think it's closer in size to the Hermes GM.
It is. It gets a bit deep but also more secure with phone not casually falling out. Thx.

I’m having the same dilemma, and according to descriptions I’ve found online, apparently GM and PM are the same width, and they’re only different in height. Is that correct? I would also prioritize security as I commute a lot (not now with the pandemic, but used to!). Thank you all for your advice :idea: