Plume Stole

wintotty

O.G.
Jan 24, 2006
Hi ladies! After seeing one of the post with Plume stole, I'm really interested to own one:smile: I located one in beige-taupe color, which I haven't seen in person yet, but want to know what other TPFers think about this stole. Is this easy to wear? Easy to pull/get ruined? I really like long airy stole, like LV Sprouse Leopard Scarf....

Any opinions/advice appreciated!! thanks!

Hihi! Do you mean the cashmere/silk one? Here is the one I have:

CIMG1377.jpg

CIMG1375.jpg

CIMG1376.jpg

It's very soft, delicate, and super luxurious. I haven't used it enough to tell you if it's durable. I have the LV Stephen Sprouse leopard scarves and they are super durable. Since the LV scarf has this really soft weave and is meant to be very bunched up/wrinkled, even pulls and slight signs of wear don't matter because you don't notice. For the H shawl, I feel that you will notice the wears, but I plan to wear it none the less!

If this wasn't what you were talking about, never mind hehehe.

Hi ladies! After seeing one of the post with Plume stole, I'm really interested to own one:smile: I located one in beige-taupe color, which I haven't seen in person yet, but want to know what other TPFers think about this stole. Is this easy to wear? Easy to pull/get ruined? I really like long airy stole, like LV Sprouse Leopard Scarf....

Any opinions/advice appreciated!! thanks!

I have this stole in the taupe/beige colour. I find it very easy to wear - it drapes beautifully, stays where it's put and has a very wide range of looks as it is so light it can be twisted into very narrow and low-volume effects or draped wide - lots of coverage. So warm and soft - very addictive. It's fairly loose weave and recommends no jewellery to snag - I don't wear that sort of jewelley anyway and I have had no problems. The only 'problem' I have noticed is that for the first couple of wears, it shed a bit of fluff over my coat - only on my cashmere coat - it sort of gathered a few fluff bunnies. It's lighter and softer than the Sprouse scarf (from memory, as I only groped a Sprouse scarf once, briefly)

Here's mine:

attachment.php

Attachments

• plumestolelogo.jpg
    plumestolelogo.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,423
What a lovely scarf. The two fabrics seems to follow the idea of two scarves together that is shown in winter Le Monde D' Hermes.

I currently like the Sprouse LV leopard better than any of my Hermes scarves. The pink grafitti bothered me at first, but now I am okay with it.

Hermes does make some light airy solid color shatoosh type cashmere scarves and Cashmere/silk ones that are great as well, not always east to find.

For allaboutnice's stole, here are the details/colors of the stole. 100x200cm, 60% cashmere, 40% silk. $860 retail.

attachment.php

Attachments

• etole plume.JPG
    etole plume.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,174
Last edited:
I got this info from an SA I was trying to hunt these stoles for haha. So please keep this here and I don't know the availability of any of these. Your SA will definitely be able to find out using the item number =)

Hihi! Do you mean the cashmere/silk one? Here is the one I have:

CIMG1377.jpg

CIMG1375.jpg

CIMG1376.jpg

It's very soft, delicate, and super luxurious. I haven't used it enough to tell you if it's durable. I have the LV Stephen Sprouse leopard scarves and they are super durable. Since the LV scarf has this really soft weave and is meant to be very bunched up/wrinkled, even pulls and slight signs of wear don't matter because you don't notice. For the H shawl, I feel that you will notice the wears, but I plan to wear it none the less!

If this wasn't what you were talking about, never mind hehehe.

I would have loved to own the stole you have, but they are all sold out in the US, and I'm not sure if I can spend 2K for stole:crybaby: Yours is one of the most gorgeous stole I've ever seen though!!

May - THANK YOU :flowers: mine is no. 13 so the colour must be Brun/Moka (I've been calling it beige/etoupe which is a fairly accurate desciption of the colours, but it's great to know the official line)

Wintotty - bought it at the end of November 2008, so only a couple of months ago really. However, I've no idea how old the stock might be, fairly sure it's new though because after I said I'll take it, the SA fetched a brand new unopened one from the stock room.

OK, I couldn't make it to the store, so I let my husband pick up the stole for me. It doesn't seem like the Plume Stole......there isn't "H" mark anywhere, it is two-toned color and material is 50% cashmere/50% silk. It says "Handwoven in Nepal", price was $790.
I attached some pics (sorry for my huge pregnant belly), hope someone can tell me the name of this stole.....
IMG_2347.jpg

IMG_2348.jpg

IMG_2351.jpg

Wintotty, that's lovely but it is a bit different to my stole - mine is 60:40 cashmere:silk and has an Hermes label and Hermes 'watermark' within the fabric. Mine doesn't have any fringeing either, at the ends - I have to say, I would prefer a fringe.

The code for my Etole Plume Bicolore 100 x 200 (description from receipt) is 269980s 13. It was £530 GB pounds

Last edited: