Pls help me decide: New Brooke Taupe or Patent Sabrina Camel

sunnia

O.G.
Sep 26, 2008
I bought the new Brooke in Taupe yesterday! Love the soft pebbled leather and the way the short straps fall on the sides when use as a shoulder bag, or the long strap fall when use as a hand held. They are not only practical but also decorative. However, my DH said the shape is pretty but he doesn't like the color. I sort of agree with him that the color seems a bit dark for me (I'm a spring color type), and I need a light colored bag mostly for spring and summer but also can be carried all season.

Now I'm thinking of exchanging it to a Patent Sabrina in camel (the one with chain). I like the color and shape better but not sure if it's worth paying $100 more!

As this is a lot of money for me, I expect to use the bag for many years, so I need a durable, low maintenance bag. Pebbled leather seems hold up longer than patent leather, right?

What do you think? Please help me to decide......

It is a lot of money... but given that you will carry the bag a long time, I think you should get the bag you really love. There is a lot to like about Brooke, but it sounds like you much prefer Camel Patent Sabrina. I don't know about its durability - others here can speak to that... I'm wondering, it this one that will go to the outlets?

Even though I'm a big fan of Sabrina but my heart has started leaning towards the Brooke the moment she appears on the Coach Website. I like the leather, the shape & best of all she slouches nicely. If you find the taupe too dull, what about the quartz... thats a BCRF brooke whereby Coach will donate 20% of the proceeds from the sale of it.

However I do agree with Carmelita, if your heart is still with the camel patent Sabrina... then go for it.

Both bags are pretty so be it you keep the Brooke or exchange her for the Sabrina, you're gonna get lots of compliments from pple around you. :biggrin:

I bought the new Brooke in Taupe yesterday! Love the soft pebbled leather and the way the short straps fall on the sides when use as a shoulder bag, or the long strap fall when use as a hand held. They are not only practical but also decorative. However, my DH said the shape is pretty but he doesn't like the color. I sort of agree with him that the color seems a bit dark for me (I'm a spring color type), and I need a light colored bag mostly for spring and summer but also can be carried all season.

Now I'm thinking of exchanging it to a Patent Sabrina in camel (the one with chain). I like the color and shape better but not sure if it's worth paying $100 more!

As this is a lot of money for me, I expect to use the bag for many years, so I need a durable, low maintenance bag. Pebbled leather seems hold up longer than patent leather, right?

What do you think? Please help me to decide......

Hi, I've been trying to decide between the Eggplant and the Taupe. You wouldn't be able to post a photo of the Taupe one would you? Thanks