Pls help me choose!

Nov 8, 2006
Hiya All!
I am looking to purchase my first Kelly handbag. However, I can't seem to make up my mind whether I want it in black(classic color) or in rouge.
I already have a few other black handbags in other designers and think that red might be the way to go. For those of you who have it in rouge, is it easy to complement an outfit. Thanks for your help on this.
:biggrin:

Hi Hardcandy61!!:flowers:I guess I would ask if you have ever owned a red handbag. Also I think it depends on your wardrobe. What style are you? casual? Dressy? Are you thinking about a retourne or sellier kelly? There are several reds, Rouge H, Rouge Garrance, as examples, are you thinking of more muted or bright red? Will this be a year round bag? Just a few questions that I have...

Here is the red reference section:flowers:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-colors/red-color-family-pics-only-100920.html

Referrence section of kellys:flowers:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-styles/the-kelly-and-jpg-kelly-pics-only-99960.html

Hi JuLide,

I own one Gucci handbag in red. This Kelly handbag will be my first. My wardrobe is semi-casual. I am looking for a muted red as I don't want the bag to be screaming "Look at me"..lol
I really like the look of the seller. Would u consider the 28 seller an everyday bag?
Btw, I'm 5"4. TIA

Hi JuLide,

I own one Gucci handbag in red. This Kelly handbag will be my first. My wardrobe is semi-casual. I am looking for a muted red as I don't want the bag to be screaming "Look at me"..lol
I really like the look of the seller. Would u consider the 28 seller an everyday bag?
Btw, I'm 5"4. TIA

HardCandy:flowers:
I myself only own a sellier kelly. I like the look of sellier too!!:biggrin:I think it depends on what you carry. If you carry only a minamal amount of things a 28 could work. The kelly lock is a pain in the butt getting in and out of. I have yet to figure out an easier way...I think you should look at Rouge H in chamonix, I don't know if this is offered at the store but the colour is fabulous!!

Here is reference for sizes too!!
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes-reference-library/size-reference-guide-pics-only-91703.html
Though I like the look of 25 and 28 sellier kellys. I think for practicality (is that a word?) a 28 or 32 retourne is best for everyday and I think only if you don't overload your purse. I use my kelly when going out for the day nothing where I would need a ton of stuff. IHTH!!:flowers:

I have both a black sellier Kelly and a Rouge Garrance sellier Kelly and I must say I am equally in love with them. But if I was to choose what to get given of I had a few black bags already, I would go for the rouge especially in RG or RC in ghw. I get a million compliments whenever I take out my RG and found it to add a pop of color to my outfits. If you are able to find your perfect shade of red, I highly recommend getting that instead of a black Kelly which is easier to come by and that you can get later on. HTH!:smile:

Btw I'm 5'6 and both my Kelly sellier are a 32. I think they are the perfect size for an everyday bag. I've used them a lot for traveling, shopping, running errands, dinners, movies, parties, etc. The Rouge also has been easy for me to incorporate in my wardrobe as I usually wear red nail polish, red lipstick, and Louboutins so I'm always sure it will "match and balance" my outfit.

I have the same colors as shockboogie (rouge garrance and black), but in clemence birkin 35s with PHW. Ms. RG is a little imposing and requires i dress a little more formally or wear all black when i take her out. Ms. black is super slouchy and can be worn equally with a suit or faded jeans and flip flops. i also have a black kelly retourne in evergrain with PHW who is flexible about attire.

the leather, hardware type and overall condition of the bag may influence the types of outfits you wear with the kelly. Hope that helps.

Here's a pic of my rouge H Kelly (32, retourne). This one has an amazone strap, meaning a wide cloth strap. I agree that a 32 is a perfect size but it depends on your frame (I'm 5' 4"). Rouge H is a darker brown/red and goes well with quite a lot of colours, I think. I've just bought her so haven't had the chance to try her out with many things, but hope this gives you an idea of the colour and how it goes with clothes.

Attachments

• DSC_0331.jpg
    DSC_0331.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 307
  • DSC_0335.jpg
    DSC_0335.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 302
Thank ya gals for all your help.
Plum tree-love your rouge Kelly! Such a pretty color
Shock boogie and doloresmia- thx for ur advices

Now, I want to know that if I buy a bag insert, do u think I can fit my wallet, keys iPhone and lipstick into a 28 sellier? Pls advise.

What size is your wallet? If it is a typical continental or long wallet, it should fit. If it's something unusually large like a LV insolite, then you may want to look at the exact dimension carefully.

You can always stare at the red kelly in Le Divorce (a movie). You won't be able to resist.

I first bought a black box kelly, now I am waiting for my rouge H, which is on order. I wasn't sure about the rouge H, until I bought one in a Garden Party, and found that I use it all the time, with blacks, grays, tans, navy, jeans, just about anything that is a non bright color.

You can't go wrong with the red or blk in the kelly. But, you can't think that just because you have 3 blk chanel bags, then you shouldn't get a black kelly. They are not in the same ballpark. They're on different planets. But just think, if you get the kelly in red, then maybe you can get the birkin in black. Good luck!