Please Share Any Advice about Zygoma Reduction

kmhd

Aug 2, 2019
Hi guys:smile:
I’m really interested in doing zyg. red. but during my research I’ve read a lot of posts about sagging and regrets so now I really need advice from those who have had zyg. red. I want to know what to expect after 2-3 years from now.

Reactions: ching94
I have the same face shape as Oh Yeon Seo(before her surgery), not very protruding zygoma.

Attachments

• 3989715E-6C3F-42D6-83DC-F9579F772195.jpeg
    3989715E-6C3F-42D6-83DC-F9579F772195.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 310
Reactions: lalia2
I really love her face shape now, so I think I can achieve the same shape. I’ll also do vline if needed :smile:

Attachments

• FC8F58A6-F859-4235-803E-C79BC3CB45ED.jpeg
    FC8F58A6-F859-4235-803E-C79BC3CB45ED.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 3A78E2FA-ADF9-42E7-8E63-843E1C3A48E9.jpeg
    3A78E2FA-ADF9-42E7-8E63-843E1C3A48E9.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 271
  • 8FE3EFE1-FD87-44DE-8374-138B013C72D5.jpeg
    8FE3EFE1-FD87-44DE-8374-138B013C72D5.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 264
Reactions: AndriasSch
There are so many threads about what to expect and advices of people who did it before. Maybe try putting "zygoma" in the search bar? Not many who did their surgery 2-3 years now will still be on the forum to answer your question. If you reply to their threads maybe they'll be notified. However I also recently did zygoma reduction and I had done a lot of research before doing it, the general advice from most people is "Don't do it".
(I did it anyway, so far so good and I'm happy with my result but I'm still waiting for the worst to come.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/reversing-zygoma-reduction-please-help.1012898/. I saw many people who are even considering reversing it.)

"High cheekbones are incredibly attractive, trust me. Men love them."

Please, if you are considering surgery or not, don't do it based on this kind of advice, you are the person who will see your face the most, therefore it isn't important what men like or don't. Do it based on personal preference.

I had zygoma reduction as part of a full intervention to my face contour, and I'm quite happy with the results. Thing is, and this is my opinion, plastic surgery isn't a one-time solution, the majority of people needs to invest (be it time or money) in treatments afterward, just like one would after braces. I don't mean just the possibility of having to go through a lifting treatment at some point (or not), but also using v-masks, taking care of your skin, not gaining or losing too much weight, etc. And also, not everyone's skin reacts in the same way, some will have loose skin, others double chin, others nothing at all.

In my case, before surgery I kept in mind I might need lifting in the future, and have been doing my skincare religiously, exercising and stopped eating carbs to have my skin in the best condition possible. And again, results and skin will vary from person to person. The best advice I can give is to talk with several plastic surgeons and see what kind of results can be achieved in your case, to see if what you expect from surgery is feasible.

After facial contouring surgery (an example would be zygoma reduction, double jaw, etc.), you are bound to get some sagginess of facial skin. Really, I don't think it can be avoided since you're taking out the part of your muscles/bones that held the skin in place. That's why you have to get thread lifting or lifting laser treatments after the surgery once in a while to maintain it. These surgeries alter your look forever and makes you look younger and gives you that nice oval shaped face, but it does come with some "consequences." You have to weigh the pros and cons for all plastic surgery. If you don't think you can afford the maintenance or invest time into taking care of your skin afterwards, I woudn't really recommend it.

Reactions: kmhd and AndriasSch
I had zygoma reduction as well. Now it's been about two years and I experience some sogginess of my cheek skin but it is not that noticeable and I'm still happy with the result. This is also vary to each person's skin type as well. When you consult with doctors, they would tell you if you have any chance of sagging skin, if so, they would recommend to do lifting of any kind together when operation. If you want to consult doctor or not sure where to start, I recommend go to website called Ever Healthcare. They can give consultation and price quotation for you.

Reactions: kmhd and AndriasSch
I'm wondering if quick zygoma reduction also involves cutting and rearranging the zygomatic bone position, or if it consists on inserting some kind of implant or similar that emulates the effect of the regular procedure. You can always check with them and ask the difference in results and which gives the best results.

Still, you can also consult about procedures that are not so invasive as in fillers, many people who don't want to go through rhinoplasty, for example, do get fillers in order to reduce their hump or get a more defined nose, maybe it is a viable option in your case.

does anyone know if zygoma reduction, jaw and chin (vline) face contour can be done on the same day as rhinoplasty and full face fat graft? a few clinics i contacted say its absolutely fine but im kinna scared i'll be so swollen from the face contour and nose job that the doctor will not be able see where to place the fat properly and the new fat might weigh down my face and cause even more sagging later on. idk what do you think?

Reactions: kmhd