please read me!

It is awfully easy for an SA to reach out to our community and claim to just wanting to help people to find what they are looking for. As much as we don't want store operators dilluting the quality of this forum by "sig whoring" (meaning posting for the sole purpose of gaining exposure for their store link in hopes of attracting sales), we do not condone SAs doing the same.

There is a fine line between posting your store's available stock and posting "yo I got the bag you're looking for, here's my number". One's fine, the other one isn't.

We have plenty of SAs contrubuting in their areas of interest/speciality and posting available stock with information to their store.

I think it is pretty clear where to draw the line.

I have seen many forums going down the drain from selling out to the masses of marketers, the amount of useful information gets overwhelmed with useless crap posts that only aim for the purpose of gaining exposure for their products. I do not intend to have our forums turn down the same road.

The message you posted above, CiboMatto, never happened. Vlad did NOT get a gift from a group on tPF for his birthday.

Um, yes it did. I got it too and so did hundreds of others I'm sure. I generally try to stay out of this sort of thing, but when you lie so blantantly it's a little ridiculous. :rolleyes:

As for the Sunshine Committee present, Meg, weren't you just a little embarrassed? Was there a little voice inside saying something like: "hey, guys - I make so much money from the traffic you generate and all of the advertising, not to mention the affiliate links, that giving me an Hermes bag is really gilding the lily"?

Just curious.

Baseless assumptions and a *****y attitude that's a slap to hundreds of regulars who chose to contribute to Megs' sunshine gift.

This forum really doesn't seem to be the right place for you.

Um, yes it did. I got it too and so did hundreds of others I'm sure. I generally try to stay out of this sort of thing, but when you lie so blantantly it's a little ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I MEANT the birthday GIFT never happened. I know the message did. I do not know how many people it went to, but know a message was sent about his birthday. What I am saying is that the gift never happened. I should have been more specific, I mis-worded myself.

Sheesh, I can't catch a break in this sub forum!

It never has been, sweetheart.

Feel free to delete the account. It's not used. Your idea of forum moderation is oppressive and Orwellian. In fact, if you cared to look, you'd see that I pretty much stopped posting here when you announced that you read PRIVATE messages to make sure that we weren't breaking the rules by helping each other do private purchases. Way, way OVER the line for any forum. And certainly more of a price than I'm willing to pay to discuss purses.

It never has been, sweetheart.

Feel free to delete the account. It's not used. Your idea of forum moderation is oppressive and Orwellian. In fact, if you cared to look, you'd see that I pretty much stopped posting here when you announced that you read PRIVATE messages to make sure that we weren't breaking the rules by helping each other do private purchases. Way, way OVER the line for any forum. And certainly more of a price than I'm willing to pay to discuss purses.
We have the ability to check PMs if the case warrants it. We regularly get complaints from members who get solicited via PM, which is grounds for banning and yes, we do check to prove the accusations to be correct. We do not browse people's PMs for s**ts and giggles.

Again, if you this forum appears oppressive to you, leave. The log out button is conveniently placed on the very right of the navigation bar.

I MEANT the birthday GIFT never happened. I know the message did. I do not know how many people it went to, but know a message was sent about his birthday. What I am saying is that the gift never happened. I should have been more specific, I mis-worded myself.

Sheesh, I can't catch a break in this sub forum!

If by "can't catch a break" you mean, I won't get called out for my lies, then no, I guess you can't catch a break...

I just hope that everyone received their donation money back if no gift was ever purchased.

If by "can't catch a break" you mean, I won't get called out for my lies, then no, I guess you can't catch a break...

I just hope that everyone received their donation money back if no gift was ever purchased.

That is being handled by the person who set it up, not me.

Again, I worded it wrong. Sorry.

Who cares about this other stuff about mod presents, he said shes said, gifts, soliciting-- whatever- that seems like a misunderstanding (the mods cant control EVERYTHING that people say!) ...

what I dont understand is why cant we. the CONSUMER, know about deals?
How is it protecting us when we dont know where to shop for the best price for our dollar? Like i said before, I understand not wanting excessive spamming, but we should be able to know when a really good deal comes up.

And how is giving deals for a BIG company (SH) any diffrent than giving codes for blue fly on the steals and deals?

I dont know, I'm sorry, that thread saved me about 80$ on a purse I really wanted to buy, so why is that such a bad thing?
Shouldn't my buisness go to who deserves it- thats what drives our economy! We are not a communist country, life isnt fair and he with the best prices gets the buy...

^ Kat that is not the issue. I did not see the original thread that was closed (before it got closed), but I am sure Vlad thought it crossed our line of rules.

An SA *can* post inventory and the best price- just not an outright 'call me at 888-8888'. I know at times it does not seem fair, but if we do not enforce that, our board is spammed with SA's posting their info.

I dont know, I'm sorry, that thread saved me about 80$ on a purse I really wanted to buy, so why is that such a bad thing?
Shouldn't my buisness go to who deserves it- thats what drives our economy! We are not a communist country, life isnt fair and he with the best prices gets the buy...

Saving money on a purchase is great, there is nothing wrong with it. But we, as admins have made the decision to limit people's ability to promote goods for their own benefit.

The reasons for this I already mentioned a few posts above.