Please pray for my daughter

Thank you everyone.

I'm also going to admit to being really angry.
I got her into Emergency at the Children's Hospital at 3pm and it's now midnight.
Why should it take that long for a child (with a laceration so deep I could see bone) to get stitches?
Our health care system is failing us (Canadian Public Health Care)

winona77 said:
Thank you everyone.

I'm also going to admit to being really angry.
I got her into Emergency at the Children's Hospital at 3pm and it's now midnight.
Why should it take that long for a child (with a laceration so deep I could see bone) to get stitches?
Our health care system is failing us (Canadian Public Health Care)

well, its the same here in the US. Last July, I was on the bathroom floor puking my guts out in the emergency room cause they could not find a bed for me. My appendix had already been ruptured for days (but they weren't gonna find that out for a while). it sucked. I totally feel your pain.

It's nothing worth than when you have to see that your kid is in hospital. I had the experience myself. I'm sure she'll be fine after the surgery. I had so many anestaetics in my life even as a child and never had a problem they are very mild these days. Kids are much stronger then we think and she'll probably home after a day. I'm sending you all my positive thoughts, Winona!!

My daughter is 5 yrs old as well. I totally understand how you feel. About a year ago she tripped and fell and smacked her forehead into the corner of a table. I was standing right there when it happened. Before I could even get her up off of the floor her forehead had swollen out to the size of a tennis ball and it was purple with red ridges on either side of it. It looked like her skull had cracked open and her brain was buldging out! I panicked at that point and hubby and I took her to the ER and had to wait forever meanwhile we are trying to keep her awake and she's wailing in between bouts of trying to go to sleep. Finally xrays revealed a concussion and nothing more. The swelling gradually went down over the next few hours and to this day she has a slight discoloration and small scar in that spot.

I have never been more terrified in my life than I was at the moment I first saw her forehead. I know how you must feel and I am so sorry for what you are going through. But what everyone else said is really true...kids bounce back so fast and heal so much better than adults. She will be just fine and so will you. In the meantime, try to keep your sanity, that is about all you can do. You are all in my prayers....

wow, kelly, i'm so sad hearing about this.. i hope she's gonna be okay. i don't have a child, but i can understand the feeling seeing it with your very own eye.
i'm sure she'll be okay. and LoriB , i'm glad yous child's okay too. that must be a horrible experience too

I hope your baby is doing okay!! I'm sure she'll be fine, but I'm praying for her!

This may be insensitive of me to ask (and I don't mean it to be!) but what did she fall off of? I hope the poor baby is okay! Be sure to give her lots of hugs and kisses, but I'm sure you'll be doing that anyway :smile: