Please offer your opinion..Would you be unhappy about this?

I do shop on E-Bay a lot and it sucks the Seller of the bag was a little shady with the Retail Value. But personally I never believe anyone's retail value I look into myself. I would contact the seller and tell her you feel cheated because she didn't disclose the true retail value. If the Seller doesn't respond you can always leave the Seller negative feedback, and than try to see the Bag on your own.

I have not seen the bag IRL, but from the picture it looks gorgeous and quite unique... why don't you take some modeling pics and show us....who knows, you might just fall in love with it....
if you really like the bag, don't keep thinking about being cheated or not, like what hlfinn said, you still got it under retail...so enjoy it.;)

It's a fairly new bag. If it hasn't been worn and abused, then I think $1,200 is fair. The seller was right in that Chanel prices have gone up and that same bag today might be closer to $1,900.

Hope you enjoy it!

besides the fact that you're upset that you would not have paid this much for it- what's to say that the seller would have sold it to you for less? that's assuming you would still have wanted to purchase it from her. she asked for 1300, you countered with 1200. really- you decided the price. the seller, if she paid retail, lost money on this bag. so basically you're saying she should have lost more...

$1200 for a Chanel bag is pretty good. I hate when seller's exagerrate the prices. So many of them do. I'd be annoyed about that. There are a lot of people trying to make money off Chanel's price hike.

I'll merge this. . . .
we don't allow people to just start a new thread because no one is reading the other one, no duplicates are allowed please.

besides the fact that you're upset that you would not have paid this much for it- what's to say that the seller would have sold it to you for less? that's assuming you would still have wanted to purchase it from her. she asked for 1300, you countered with 1200. really- you decided the price. the seller, if she paid retail, lost money on this bag. so basically you're saying she should have lost more...

I don't want anyone to lose a lot of money. Some people here actually have sold some of their bags on Ebay and they were only able to get the 50% of what they paid back. Then does it make it right for people to lie about the orginal price hoping to get some nuckle heads like me to to pay more? Not sure about that.

And it is also hard to say how much the seller lost. She could have gotten it on sale or have gotten it using any sort of F&F family discounts. $1200 might not be a bad price. I wasn't really complaining about the money since it was below retail anyway. I was really annoyed by the fact that my decision was based on wrong information and it is sad to see your trust in people is being abused. I believe no one wants to walk in a store and buy something on sale and thinking he/or she got a good deal just to find out the store simply lied about the original price. Then what you got is not so much a deal and it took away the joy of purchashing a new bag. That is all.

I think you should email the seller, and explain your frustrations. If you do not like the bag, see if you can get a return. Personally, I don't see that as 'buyer's remorse" but rather as incomplete/incorrect knowledge.

If you do like the bag (I think it's super cute!), you should ask for a partial refund of some sort. if she refuses, then it's up to you to decide if you think the bag is worth the $1200.

Sorry that the seller lied about the retail price (that's what happened, right, sorry, I am very sick and on a lot of medicine, may not be reading right!). I've seen this happen very often. When I sold a Burberry Novacheck tote, I was SHOCKED by how much others were going for... I noticed that it was because most people lied about the original retail cost. I did not lie for the same bag that was selling for twice as much (near retail).

This seems to happen all the time, not only on eBay, but also sites like Bluefly and Overstock.com. I just noticed a pair of Jimmy Choos I own on Overstock... they listed the retail price as $700 when I did not pay more than $500 for them originally.

If I were you, I'd bring this up with the seller. If you had known the ACTUAL retail price, you would not have paid so much.

i'm not seeing a problem. you're the one who decided to buy the bag and of course people are always going to be out there to make money or at least try to get the most that they can with it. some bags end for 50% under retail but you can't assume that EVERY single auction is going to end for that low.

if anything, you should always research before you make a major purchase. ive been scammed before and you can't trust everyone and what they say.

i think you got a good deal though. i don't see this bag too often and it also looks like its been taken care of.

Thanks ladies for all your responses. I will see how much I like the bag and whether it is worth $1200 to me when I get it later today. I don't think there is much I can do about it but at least if I am still not happy about it I will let the seller know. She might decide not to do anything about it but at least she should know it was presumptuous to call it a $2K bag.

^^^
Did you pay via Paypal? You can always do a chargeback with your credit card company. I would think this is a case of misinformation and deliberate deceit. More than good enough reason to file a chargeback.