Please help - Need advice regarding a Lancel website purchase

Louie Louie

Apr 11, 2009
I recently purchased a Lancel Pia handbag from their website since they are not sold here in the States. Unfortunately, the Pia is too small for me. I promptly returned the bag within the 15 day time frame only to have it refused upon arrival!!
I have tried calling and emailing customer service but am not getting a response. I have contacted my credit card company and they have suggested I start a dispute claim.

Has anyone else had this issue or do you have any advice for me? I really wanted to return the handbag and purchase a larger style from their site, but now I don't think I want to.

Did you follow the return instructions as per their website?
If so, than you likely will have to start a dispute since customer service is not being cooperative.
Not much of an incentive to make another purchase with lack of communication

Did you follow the return instructions as per their website?
If so, than you likely will have to start a dispute since customer service is not being cooperative.
Not much of an incentive to make another purchase with lack of communication
Yes, I absolutely did. I sent the package to the exact address on the return voucher along with all packaging exactly as handbag came, copy of return voucher etc. The post office confirmed I had written the address correctly on the box. However, I noticed their website has a different return address. My credit card company advised me to attempt to return the bag again, but I would like the company to respond so I can confirm the correct address.

Yes, I absolutely did. I sent the package to the exact address on the return voucher along with all packaging exactly as handbag came, copy of return voucher etc. The post office confirmed I had written the address correctly on the box. However, I noticed their website has a different return address. My credit card company advised me to attempt to return the bag again, but I would like the company to respond so I can confirm the correct address.

I would keep a record of how many attempts you made to reach the company for the correct return
address.
I'd also reach out to your cc & ask them how long are you expected to wait for a response & if
you don't get a response, should you just return the bag to the different address that is on their website.
I'd want this all noted with my credit card so if you do have to dispute this charge, its all on record.
Good luck.. Communication is so important to a successful transaction

First of all, thank you all for your responses and sound advice. I finally heard back from Lancel via email.
The customer service rep sent me a duplicate invoice with the same address I had originally mailed the handbag to but he gave me a different address to return the bag.
I contacted my credit card company and they advised me to return the bag to the address I was given and to keep all tracking information. I have copies of all correspondence and tracking information since the beginning.
Now I will be watching the tracking and look to see when the purse arrives. My cc company assured me that I did everything correctly and that we have the proof showing I returned the bag the first time and within the correct time frame.Now, I will wait and watch the tracking so I know when the purse arrives to France and sit and wait for them to reimburse my credit card which according to their website can take 30 days.
Spending over $200 in postage and this experience has clearly left me with no desire to purchase a handbag from
this site again. I hope no one else has this same experience.

First of all, thank you all for your responses and sound advice. I finally heard back from Lancel via email.
The customer service rep sent me a duplicate invoice with the same address I had originally mailed the handbag to but he gave me a different address to return the bag.
I contacted my credit card company and they advised me to return the bag to the address I was given and to keep all tracking information. I have copies of all correspondence and tracking information since the beginning.
Now I will be watching the tracking and look to see when the purse arrives. My cc company assured me that I did everything correctly and that we have the proof showing I returned the bag the first time and within the correct time frame.Now, I will wait and watch the tracking so I know when the purse arrives to France and sit and wait for them to reimburse my credit card which according to their website can take 30 days.
Spending over $200 in postage and this experience has clearly left me with no desire to purchase a handbag from
this site again. I hope no one else has this same experience.

Finally a response. As soon as you can tell the bag has been delivered let your cc know.
You shouldn't incur any additional credit card fees due to this inconvenience & lack of
communication.