Please help me pick a bag in Paris~

poonski

handbag addict!!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
This coming January I will travel to Paris for a week with my boyfriend. We have decided to purchase a Chanel bag there. I currently have 2 on my mind but we can only afford 1 since we recently purchased a home :smile:. Anyway, back to topic...what I have on my mind right now is the m/l classic flap bag in caviar ghw or gst ghw. It has always been my dream to get the classic flap in caviar, but I also really like the gst especially since it's discontinued in the states.

I'm torn between the two and I read somewhere on this forum that said I may not even be able to locate a gst in Paris, Chanel only sell it exclusively in London? (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I know they are two very different bags in terms of size, price and functionality. I'm the type that is not afraid to use nice bags on a daily basis. I work in an office setting and figured the gst would get more use for my life style. However, I also love the m/l classic flap. What do you lovely tpfers think I should get? Or do you guys have other recommendations? I'm not fond of the boy, are there other seasonal bags that look just as classic as the m/l flap bag...that's less expensive lol? Please help this Chanel newbie out, thanks so much in advance!

Pick a classic in Paris. You will always have great memories when you look at your bag. Start with a classic then you will have a better idea which seasonal pieces might suit

What a great place to pic you first Chanel bag. Have fun and let us know how it goes and what you decide.

This coming January I will travel to Paris for a week with my boyfriend. We have decided to purchase a Chanel bag there. I currently have 2 on my mind but we can only afford 1 since we recently purchased a home :smile:. Anyway, back to topic...what I have on my mind right now is the m/l classic flap bag in caviar ghw or gst ghw. It has always been my dream to get the classic flap in caviar, but I also really like the gst especially since it's discontinued in the states.

I'm torn between the two and I read somewhere on this forum that said I may not even be able to locate a gst in Paris, Chanel only sell it exclusively in London? (Please correct me if I'm wrong). I know they are two very different bags in terms of size, price and functionality. I'm the type that is not afraid to use nice bags on a daily basis. I work in an office setting and figured the gst would get more use for my life style. However, I also love the m/l classic flap. What do you lovely tpfers think I should get? Or do you guys have other recommendations? I'm not fond of the boy, are there other seasonal bags that look just as classic as the m/l flap bag...that's less expensive lol? Please help this Chanel newbie out, thanks so much in advance!
what color medium flap? i'm only asking bc there are rumors that the beige will also be discontinued.

if you want a black medium flap, i would say get the gst first. and then, at a later time, get the flap since the gst is being discontinued

what color medium flap? i'm only asking bc there are rumors that the beige will also be discontinued.

if you want a black medium flap, i would say get the gst first. and then, at a later time, get the flap since the gst is being discontinued

The classic black and gold hardware, and buy it in Rue cambon, so it's really special!

The classic black and gold hardware, and buy it in Rue cambon, so it's really special!
that store is so very special! my favorite one though is the store on saint-honore :smile:. I have both bags and love them equally. That is why I would go for the gst first. It is a great work bag too since it fits a lot of documents and a laptop.