Please help me pack for my seattle trip!!

Its almost always drizzling this time of year, so bring those Wellies, scarfs, jeans, sweaters, umbrella. Make sure your bag can be in constant dampness! Warm socks in your wellies is a must, as well as a thick wool coat.

Oh and Seattlites love to wear grey and black - you'll fit right in with those colors :biggrin:

Have a wonderful time!

I agree with others..what your bringing so far is great!..throw in the scarf..a sweater, skinnies...maybe a cute hat...Seattle has some dressing up factors but its mostly casual when out and about in the weather...options are good:yes:
It can be very rainy(esp. in the winter), or just a little drizzle ...or you my hit it just right and it could be sunny**fingers crossed**...but a fun, gorgeous city nonetheless..I don't find it dreary at all(personally) and love to visit anytime of the year.:smile:
I think since we are used to a little rain that we overlook it a bit if its not too bad(I'm in Portland, OR)
Have a great time!!;)

^^you reminded me weather was a great topic for socializing in Seattle. just like rat/mice in NYC. everybody got to deal w/ it. :lol:

Its almost always drizzling this time of year, so bring those Wellies, scarfs, jeans, sweaters, umbrella. Make sure your bag can be in constant dampness! Warm socks in your wellies is a must, as well as a thick wool coat.

Oh and Seattlites love to wear grey and black - you'll fit right in with those colors :biggrin:

Have a wonderful time!

Thank you so much for the advice!!! :heart:

I will definitely start a convo about the weather haha!!! And I'm so glad to hear mostly black won't look too odd.

As for the bag, I will be taking my Galeries Lafayette special edition Longchamp as well as my black chanel jumbo lambskin for dressier occasions.. .:smile:

here is a pic of my longchamp

Attachments

• ba88bb50-ca95-a3f5.jpg
    ba88bb50-ca95-a3f5.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 54
I agree with pretty much everything said so far. You do want to make sure some of your clothing is functional, especially for drizzly weather and cold. It's supposed to be an el nina winter, so check to see if it's snowing or very cold during the time you'll be here. It got down to about 15 degrees over Thanksgiving. Regardless, the dampness can make things very chilly.

If you really want to fit in, pack a fleece and a rain jacket if you have them.

A wool coat is perfect. Down is not a good idea because of the rain factor.

Seattle is pretty casual, but there are places and areas where people do dress up.

I agree with pretty much everything said so far. You do want to make sure some of your clothing is functional, especially for drizzly weather and cold. It's supposed to be an el nina winter, so check to see if it's snowing or very cold during the time you'll be here. It got down to about 15 degrees over Thanksgiving. Regardless, the dampness can make things very chilly.

If you really want to fit in, pack a fleece and a rain jacket if you have them.

A wool coat is perfect. Down is not a good idea because of the rain factor.

Seattle is pretty casual, but there are places and areas where people do dress up.

Thanks so much!!! I don't have a rain coat but I have a trench coat. Now my dilemma is that BOTH my trench coat and WOOL trench coat are miss sixty, the SAME exact cut only that one is the trench coat material and the other is wool.

Should I just take ONE coat? I'm also taking the leather jacket.. I plan on mostly being indoors. Is there much of an outdoor activity? Is this a place u can see walking around? :smile: I'm only staying for 3 days and taking 3 outerwear seems a bit much since I'm used to packing light BUT I want to look extra cute on this trip hehe.

I'm thinking the wool coat is a MUST as it will be cold, and trench coat to be put in the carry on IF it fits :biggrin:... and two cashmere sweaters (short cardigans so I can use inside the leather jacket as well.)

Any shoe suggestions? I was thinking ONE pair of heels, one pair of boots/booties and the wellies. :smile:

Seattle(to me) is a great walking city..esp. the market,etc. The weather will be a factor though.:smile:...if its pouring, not so much.
Shoes you're taking are good choices..but make sure one of the pr's are comfy for walking shoes in case you do happening to explore the city.

Ah yes the boots and booties are both flat. Well the booties have two inch heels but they are very comfy :smile:

I'm so excited! Read so much about Seattle on the Bon voyage section of the forum I cant wait to go :smile:

I hope you have a bit of sun while your there..you never know these things can happen!;)
Its esp. beautiful in the summer!...it rains but not 24/7 like its portrayed.
Have a great time~

Seattle is definitely a place where you can walk around, as long as you're talking Seattle proper and not the Eastside (Bellevue/Redmond) where all the Microsoft millionaires and spendy shops are.

If you're going to be walking around Seattle, be forewarned that there are hills, especially in downtown and the Capitol Hill and Queen Anne neighborhoods. I think some of the hills could rival San Francisco's. (You know that early in its history, much of Seattle's hills were leveled? Some still remain.)

It hasn't rained here in a few days. You could be here during a lull. What most people do to cope if it does rain is wear a Patagonia/North Face-style rain jacket, a hoodie, or whatever they have on and a wool cap. Not a lot of umbrellas, actually. I think it's a point of pride for the locals, though when it does downpour there's no shame in having one.

If I were you, I'd just bring the wool trench and leather jacket. The light trench will probably be too light, but you never know. I just saw a girl yesterday walking around in a short skirt and cardigan only, so it depends on your weather tolerance. What you plan for shoes sounds good to me.

Anyway, have fun! Whatever you wear will be fine. People aren't that judgemental here about fashion.

Last edited:
I hope you have a bit of sun while your there..you never know these things can happen!;)
Its esp. beautiful in the summer!...it rains but not 24/7 like its portrayed.
Have a great time~

I will DEFINITELY check the weather!! To be honest, I've been tracking the weather on my weather app EVERY day for the past few months and I've seen a LOT of rain before but NO rain lately... Although everytime it did say it would rained I imagined it wouldn't be a downpour but more of a drizzle? u never know right? :smile:

I wasn't too sure about the wellies as I don't want to take wellies when it won't be raining AND they take so much space anyway... :biggrin: but then living in socal I never use my wellies so it would be a good time to put them to good use :graucho:

Oh, if you can, do head on over to Bellevue and visit the Bravern and the Bellevue Collection stores - good shopping!~

I've heard about Bellevue!! Definitely on my list as well as Pike Place Market... It's so exciting to go to a new city!! :nuts:

Seattle is definitely a place where you can walk around, as long as you're talking Seattle proper and not the Eastside (Bellevue/Redmond) where all the Microsoft millionaires and spendy shops are.

If you're going to be walking around Seattle, be forewarned that there are hills, especially in downtown and the Capitol Hill and Queen Anne neighborhoods. I think some of the hills could rival San Francisco's. (You know that early in its history, much of Seattle's hills were leveled? Some still remain.)

It hasn't rained here in a few days. You could be here during a lull. What most people do to cope if it does rain is wear a Patagonia/North Face-style rain jacket, a hoodie, or whatever they have on and a wool cap. Not a lot of umbrellas, actually. I think it's a point of pride for the locals, though when it does downpour there's no shame in having one.

If I were you, I'd just bring the wool trench and leather jacket. The light trench will probably be too light, but you never know. I just saw a girl yesterday walking around in a short skirt and cardigan only, so it depends on your weather tolerance. What you plan for shoes sounds good to me.

Anyway, have fun! Whatever you wear will be fine. People aren't that judgemental here about fashion.

Who would have guessed? I know really nothing about this place.. thanks for the tip!!! I did hear people are very casual with their clothing so I wasn't sure if "new york chic" would be a bit OTT but I just want to look uber cute on this trip... hehe without over doing it!! :smile: I also think the trench coat would be too much especially since the trench coat AND the wool trench coat are exactly the same (both miss sixty)...

So the trench coat would get no use since it would be too cold anyway UNLESS of course it fits in my carry on and then I would be taking it just because there is space. I need to get me cashmere sweaters asap!! The ones I have are long and fit fine under the trench but would look odd with the leather jacket and that leather jacket is a MUST HAVE for me. They match my boots and booties so nicely!!! :biggrin: