Please help me decide...

I dont own any of those 2 but have seen them in person. They're both lovely but I can see why it can be a dilemma for you.
The zip bays has that birkin look to it and the large size comes with that gorgeous contrast lining. I dont like the zip though, a part of me feel like it can get in the way. Like the zip on the lady dior bag.
I prefer the bays with strap I cant justify why. I just love the navy + oxblood lining. Bare in mind though when you wear it with the strap on, you have to close the bag with the flap over completely. It cant be worn with the flap tucked in when you wear it on your shoulder. But I feel like in terms of accessibility, the bays with strap is better.

Reactions: Vinnie42
I dont own any of those 2 but have seen them in person. They're both lovely but I can see why it can be a dilemma for you.
The zip bays has that birkin look to it and the large size comes with that gorgeous contrast lining. I dont like the zip though, a part of me feel like it can get in the way. Like the zip on the lady dior bag.
I prefer the bays with strap I cant justify why. I just love the navy + oxblood lining. Bare in mind though when you wear it with the strap on, you have to close the bag with the flap over completely. It cant be worn with the flap tucked in when you wear it on your shoulder. But I feel like in terms of accessibility, the bays with strap is better.

Thanks for your input, very helpful... I did not know that you cannot wear it on your shoulder with the flap tucked in. I would've totally wear it that way .... hmmmm [emoji848]

Yeah it's because both of the strap hooks are at the back so if you wear it on your shoulder with the strap, the bag pulls forward. So you have to close the flap otherwise people can see whats in your bag. Sorry I dont know how to explain it. I think its best to go try them both in person in store to have a better feel of both of them.

:smartass:Shoes is spot on there Pandster.
I was lucky enough to find a Midnight Bayswater with a strap under the Christmas tree this year and took her for an outing yesterday.
She is gorgeous, don't get me wrong, but she does pull forward when on the shoulder with the flap tucked in. I did flip it round so the front of the bag was against my body at one point, but it is not ideal. It's easy enough to do up the flap though.
The pocket being on the front of the bag is spot on, very useful.
I am not a fan of the zipper on the zipped bays either but being able to position the straps on either side of th bag means it does not gape but you still need to zip it up to be fully secure.
Enjoy choosing and I hope you love the bag you get..:smile:

Reactions: shoesshoeshoes
I've had the small zipped bayswater for a few months now. It's a really nice bag, overall. It's very stiff or structured so it's hard to fit in many things (compared to other, softer leathers, then it's almost a metal plate). I tried to look the other day when it went through the security scan at the airport, and it seems the wiring is similar to a normal bayswater or Alexa, whereas the leather itself is thick and is made to hold its shape (unlike bayswater whose wiring can easily bend under the weight of the bag so that it looses its structure - hope you get what I mean).
Because the leather is thick and designed to not "collapse" then there is room for limited items if you want to close it. It's quite small, even too small for my work computer, so when I use the bag for work then I don't close it. It unfortunately means that I rarely use it for work. I measured it prior to buying and concluded that it'd fit, but I measured at the top.....and there are a few centimetres difference from the top to the bottom. Anyways, keep in mind that the more structured bags like the zipped bayswater can hold limited items compared to bags with less structure. The small zipped bayswater doesn't hold much so if it's right for you depends on what you need to fit in. The strap is attached on each side of the zipper meaning that when you wear it crossbody then it's pulled in towards you.

It's a very nice bag, I really like it and enjoy carrying it with me. It has a nice fit crossbody. But if I need to bring my laptop for work, or if I need to bring a lot of stuff then I would use my Alexa in most cases. I can take a picture of what it can hold before I can almost not close it to give you an idea.

Nb! I've assumed that you've had the small zipped bayswater in mind as it's the only one that comes with a strap (even if the website states otherwise).

Reactions: LuckyLisa