Please help me decide- YSL cassandre belt bag or LV high rise !

shoes5678

Jun 6, 2016
I have narrowed it down to these 2 bags which I will primarily use for my daughters dance competition weekends. I need hands free, comfy and significant room but also not too much so that I am lugging a ton of stuff, basically I will be carrying my LV key pouch, maybe sunglasses, iPhone 14, chapstick/ few makeup items for daughter, cards/ cash…I also plan to wear these bags on the longest strap setting and wear it as close to amy hip as I can vs across my chest- (I have the Hermes Evelyne 29 and 33 but they tend to get heavy and bulky) I love the YSL pebbled leather and find it so chic. However it’s small compared to the LV (though I think I can make it work!) and am wondering if the leather strap will be uncomfortable. Also also wondering if this bag is going to look funny with a dance mom sweatshirt and jeans or leggings and sneakers. I just love the bag though and think it’s so elegant and I feel the black will make me less nervous about babying it as the LV will….On the other hand, the LV is quite big which can be a pro OR a con, part of me feels that I will find myself stuffing it with things and be lugging this heavy bag and defeating the point of traveling lighter! I am also concerned about the light lining and strap getting filthy and the vachetta getting stained and dirty. Dance comps are rough, LOL. What would you do? Does anyone have the YSL bag, I have seen many reviews on both but I feel like more reviews about the LV high rise and I’d like to hear more about the YSL…. Thank you !

I personally find YSL more attractive but you should make sure it will fit the items you want to carry. I do not have this bag but have many other YSL items as well as LV and overall i find YSL to be better quality even though usually lower price point. Vechetta will darken and show wear over time as that is the nature of vechetta leather.

Reactions: shoes5678
I personally find YSL more attractive but you should make sure it will fit the items you want to carry. I do not have this bag but have many other YSL items as well as LV and overall i find YSL to be better quality even though usually lower price point. Vechetta will darken and show wear over time as that is the nature of vechetta leather.
Thank you for replying! I agree with everything you said! I’m going to check YouTube to see if I can find some what fits in my bag for the YSL… really do love the look of it!

That's a good idea. Do you have a boutique nearby you can go look at in person?
I live on Long Island, so I could probably go into the city and try it on. I came across the Gucci Ophidia GG small handbag and like that one too, so now that’s in the running LOL! I like having the 2 options of using the gold chain or the guitar strap.
I’m just worried the YSL is going to sit too short on me, I like to wear them slung to the side so the bag sits more on my hip, not across my chest. I’m 5’3 but it might look strange based on the videos I’ve seen, even with the belt on the last hole. I don’t know if making an extra hole would help achieve the look I want.
The Gucci is cute, but I just love how chic the YSL looks. I don’t think the LV is going to work for what I need it for- the vachetta will be too much on my mind I tend to baby my LV bags and getting red lipstick hair spray and gel on it at dance competitions will stress me out, LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: stacy_natalie
I live on Long Island, so I could probably go into the city and try it on. I came across the Gucci Ophidia GG small handbag and like that one too, so now that’s in the running LOL! I like having the 2 options of using the gold chain or the guitar strap.
I’m just worried the YSL is going to sit too short on me, I like to wear them slung to the side so the bag sits more on my hip, not across my chest. I’m 5’3 but it might look strange based on the videos I’ve seen, even with the belt on the last hole. I don’t know if making an extra hole would help achieve the look I want.
The Gucci is cute, but I just love how chic the YSL looks. I don’t think the LV is going to work for what I need it for- the vachetta will be too much on my mind I tend to baby my LV bags and getting red lipstick hair spray and gel on it at dance competitions will stress me out, LOL
Did you get the belt bag? How do you love it?! Thinking of purchasing it as well and also deciding between the two. I came to realize that I am siding w the Ysl as it has a slightly dressier feel to it. Post a picture too if you have one! Hope you love it! ❤️

Did you get the belt bag? How do you love it?! Thinking of purchasing it as well and also deciding between the two. I came to realize that I am siding w the Ysl as it has a slightly dressier feel to it. Post a picture too if you have one! Hope you love it! ❤️
Hi! So no- I didn’t get the Cassandre. It was just too short for my taste- it didn’t allow me to wear it the way I prefer which is as long as the strap will allow, so it sits more on my hip, like a cross body - if that makes sense) I did get the Gucci ophidia for Christmas- with the chain and strap that are interchangeable. I also bought the YSL camera bag, which is a little more dressy and I can wear as a cross body. It’s roomy too. Thought about the LV high rise bum bag, but I didn’t love it. Not going to lie, I keep thinking about that YSl bag I just can’t deal with the short strap! She’s gorgeous though- let me know if you get it!

The YSL belt bag was on my list but when I saw it in person, the strap was way too short. It would work perfectly around the waist. Or, across the chest if one is very slender with a small chest. That didn't work for me so I went with the high rise. I absolutely love it and love that the strap can be changed. I also purchased inserts to protect the interior... :smile:

Reactions: shoes5678