Please help me decide which one Sienna or jillian

brimack

O.G.
Oct 6, 2007
Hello ladies...

Looking at getting a black bag. There is a sienna and a jillian on ebay. I like them both but not sure which I'd get more use out of.

Can you tell me what you think??? I'm 5 foot, mother of three I do carry the little extras for my kiddos but not that much extra anymore...

Any advice for me???

I have both, but use the Sienna more often. The Jillian is the "cooler" bag, I think, with the pebbly leather and studs, but the Sienna, for me, is so much more comfortable to wear. Those two straps will not slide off your shoulder. You can just put it on and forget about it. It's just such a balanced bag. The Jillian, because of the shorter straps, you have to hold a bit. I also think the Sienna is roomier - the Jillian's slightly longer, but shorter. And that metal snap kind of limits what you can put in. But if you want to make an impact, I think the Jillian is more showy; more eye-catching.

Oh, and here's a thread that I opened before asking a similar question. You may find some more information here. http://forum.purseblog.com/kooba/black-jillian-or-smooth-black-sienna-175729.html

For functionality? I'd say the Sienna. Easier carry and you can get more in it comfortably. I regret getting rid of my embossed ones (the brown one at least).

Sienna, the Jillian is nice, but with the rivets, you may end up getting sick of it. The Sienna is casual, yet dressy too. I have an Ada and it is the larger Jillian and I find myself not picking it up because it does make a statement..

I have both, but use the Sienna more often. The Jillian is the "cooler" bag, I think, with the pebbly leather and studs, but the Sienna, for me, is so much more comfortable to wear. Those two straps will not slide off your shoulder. You can just put it on and forget about it. It's just such a balanced bag. The Jillian, because of the shorter straps, you have to hold a bit. I also think the Sienna is roomier - the Jillian's slightly longer, but shorter. And that metal snap kind of limits what you can put in. But if you want to make an impact, I think the Jillian is more showy; more eye-catching.

Oh, and here's a thread that I opened before asking a similar question. You may find some more information here. http://forum.purseblog.com/kooba/black-jillian-or-smooth-black-sienna-175729.html

Thank you sooo much for really putting your thoughts into a nutshell. That's great. I was always thinking about these two styles. I had always wished I could find a Sienna in that perfect sand color....no Lucy was ever that light either...and I might find myself searching out a sand Jillian at some point, but thank you for clarifying that Sienna vs. Jillian question. Getting in and out of bags is very important to me, and I've found my Sienna to be incredibly comfortable to wear on the shoulder even though there are two shoulder straps to contend with.
:woohoo::heart:

I also vote for the Sienna for the same reasons already said. Be sure you have the auction authenticated though, you're more likely to see a fake Sienna than a fake Jillian. Good luck!

For practicality I'd also vote for the Sienna. It is easier to get in and out of and there is more space for those little kiddie bits and pieces. It also sits very comfortably on the shoulder.

These are so different types of bags it's almost impossible to choose. You really need both :smile: But for practicality it's the Sienna hands down. On the bad side of that they are rare if you are looking for a smooth one and fakes abound. On the other hand, the Jillian is so cool and edgy, and you don't have to worry about a fake and the cost is less (on ebay anyway). But if you got Kid stuff, it just isn't going to work.

And when you get bored, look at this cool way of wearing it! Practical too! :graucho:

Attachments

• KOOB-WY49_V4-BIG.jpg
    KOOB-WY49_V4-BIG.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 36