Please help me choose the color/size of VC&A Vintage Alhambra Earrings

Minda

O.G.
Sep 24, 2007
I need your help on this major decision (LOL)! I have narrowed the choices to:-

1. Turquoise Yellow Gold
2. Turquoise White Gold
3. Red Yellow Gold

The rest didn't look particularly good against my Asian skin and black hair (eg. onyx gets lost against the backdrop of my black hair, and MOP is too pale against my skin tone). The one I really like is turquoise, but it looks rather casual and summery. I like the Red in YG too, but am not sure if I can get mileage out of it. Maybe go back to onyx? Which do you think is the most versatile and which can I get most mileage from? I would also love to hear your opinion on whether to get the small studs or the slightly larger ear clips. TIA.

Jewelry is so subjective, so I won't tell you which to get, but will offer my opinion. You yourself said the black onyx gets lost on you so I'd rule that one out...why wear something that will be "invisible", right? I know what you mean about the turquoise being a bit summery, but I guess it would depend upon what color clothing you usually wear, and if you could wear the turquoise earrings without their clashing with your clothes. I absolutely love the color of those! I haven't seen the red in person, only in the catalogue...but is it real red or more cornelian, slightly orangey red? If it's more of a true red, I think it could be stunning with your coloring and the earrings would certainly POP on you....but if it's not true red, I'm not sure I'd love them (but that's ME because I don't care for orangey colors).
If you go with the turquoise ones, try one in yellow gold and one in white gold and see which goes better with your coloring, and which makes the color pop on your ears.
Please show pics when you get them!

I agree with Aimee3 suggestions...
Rule out the onyx and try the turquoise in yg and wg and see which ones looks better...IMO turquoise is a beautiful color and agree it's a bit summery but I'm sure it will look good with winter's dark colors like black, charcole and brown....The alhambra is classic so I'm sure you will enjoy them alot for many years... I personally prefer the larger version

Thank you Aimee3 and vancleef fan! Your suggestions are so helpful! I tried on the Alhambra black onyx clip earrings in YG (the one with smooth modern contours) today and I think I will go for those. Somehow, they are more classy and pop out more than the vintage Alhambra onyx earrings I tried on. The broad and smooth contour of the gold against the onyx are simply beautiful and elegant.

PS. I bought my Cartier Love Bracelet Half Diamonds today and got the shop to screw it on my left wrist immediately, so the Alhambra earrings have to wait! I thought my bag addiction was bad for my wallet, but my newfound jewellery addiction is even worse! I however comfort myself that jewellery has more intrinsic value than purses with the price of gold ever increasing.

i dont think you could go wrong with any of the VC&A pieces...i love the mini stud earrings I have in mop yellow gold though...

I love VCA, I vote for all :lol:! (j/k) I like the Turquoise in YG. I'm usually a wht gold or platinum person when in comes to jewelry but for some reason I prefer the YG for all of the vintage alhambra.

I love VCA, I vote for all :lol:! (j/k) I like the Turquoise in YG. I'm usually a wht gold or platinum person when in comes to jewelry but for some reason I prefer the YG for all of the vintage alhambra.

I totally agree with you!

Does anyone here have the WG Alhambra with grey MOP? I have only seen it in the catalogues, but that might be a nice WG combination.

How I wish there were more action pictures for anything VCA/ Alhambra......