Please help me choose my next Balenciaga!

jensmakeupbag

Apr 16, 2012
I have been stalking pre-loved websites for a while now and am in the market for a cross body bag. My choices are:

Velo: too big for my height?
Mini City: too small for my things?

Color: preferably black since this will be my everyday bag.
HW: regular HW is fine. I do like the RGHW on the black velo but with that price, I am not sure if it's worth it.
Height: 5'2"
Lifestyle: I don't carry my whole life but I do carry many things and people around me seem to want to put things in my bag to "hold for them" which is absolutely fine. I have a Ultraviolet City but without a cross body strap, it can be annoying. Plus color is hard to match with outfits at times. I just love that it is lightweight even though I have so much stuff in it (which is why I want to invest in another BB).

Please help me purseforum! I would love your opinions especially if you own the velo or mini city. I am going more towards a velo but I am so afraid that the strap is too long for my height.

Thanks!!!

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
If you are looking at the Rose Gold hardware you will be buying pre-loved, they don't make that hw anymore. Stalk Ebay and the resale sites and you might be able to find one for less $ than you expected. I have two Velos, 2012 & 2013, the strap can be shortened quite a bit, it can also be doubled to carry shoulder style. I don't think you are too short for the Velo, but hopefully someone 5' 2" will chime in to help. The Mini City seems very small to me, especially compared to a Velo.

Tralynn

Apr 30, 2014
I have a louie vuitton bloomsbury that I love. Would you consider another brand?

Catash

May 3, 2014
Maryland, USA
I have been stalking pre-loved websites for a while now and am in the market for a cross body bag. My choices are:

Velo: too big for my height?
Mini City: too small for my things?

Color: preferably black since this will be my everyday bag.
HW: regular HW is fine. I do like the RGHW on the black velo but with that price, I am not sure if it's worth it.
Height: 5'2"
Lifestyle: I don't carry my whole life but I do carry many things and people around me seem to want to put things in my bag to "hold for them" which is absolutely fine. I have a Ultraviolet City but without a cross body strap, it can be annoying. Plus color is hard to match with outfits at times. I just love that it is lightweight even though I have so much stuff in it (which is why I want to invest in another BB).

Please help me purseforum! I would love your opinions especially if you own the velo or mini city. I am going more towards a velo but I am so afraid that the strap is too long for my height.

Thanks!!!
How about a Town?

JuzOneMore

May 5, 2014
If you are looking at the Rose Gold hardware you will be buying pre-loved, they don't make that hw anymore. Stalk Ebay and the resale sites and you might be able to find one for less $ than you expected. I have two Velos, 2012 & 2013, the strap can be shortened quite a bit, it can also be doubled to carry shoulder style. I don't think you are too short for the Velo, but hopefully someone 5' 2" will chime in to help. The Mini City seems very small to me, especially compared to a Velo.
Agree with rainneday that the mini City and Velo are very different in terms of size.

I am 5ft 3in and have a black RHW Velo. It is the next best thing to a City. Because it holds more than a City but is not as unwieldy as a Work on public transport. Only disadvantage is the length of the cross-body strap. I hardly use the strap as it is too long as it is. I could double loop it but am afraid this will ruin the edges. So, I carry it on my shoulder using the short handles. Even though this is a snug fit when I have a jacket on.

jensmakeupbag

Apr 16, 2012
How do you like the velo? Do you use it quite often?

jensmakeupbag

Apr 16, 2012
How about a Town?
I thought of the town but I don't really like the shape of it. I actually went to Neiman Marcus today and tried the velo on and I absolutely love it. However, I can't justify the price increase. It is really ridiculous!

jensmakeupbag

Apr 16, 2012
Agree with rainneday that the mini City and Velo are very different in terms of size.

I am 5ft 3in and have a black RHW Velo. It is the next best thing to a City. Because it holds more than a City but is not as unwieldy as a Work on public transport. Only disadvantage is the length of the cross-body strap. I hardly use the strap as it is too long as it is. I could double loop it but am afraid this will ruin the edges. So, I carry it on my shoulder using the short handles. Even though this is a snug fit when I have a jacket on.
I tried the velo on today at NM and thought the strap was perfect. I actually don't mind longer straps unless it hits the bottom of my hip. I'm still not sure whether to buy the bag with the price tag. I need some advice on that.

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
How do you like the velo? Do you use it quite often?
I love it. It's my second favorite style, the first would be the Day style. I wore my black RH Velo for about a month straight with the strap doubled (for shoulder wear), and I did notice a tiny bit of rubbing on the edges of the strap. Nothing major though...and I don't intend to resell so it's not a big worry. But it does happen.

Cross body it's very comfortable. My City style bags tend to look stuffed with all of my things in them (sometimes I like to stick a light weight sweater in, or a bulky scarf), but the Velo still has room to spare and can be zipped easily.

Last edited:

rainneday

Feb 8, 2013
I tried the velo on today at NM and thought the strap was perfect. I actually don't mind longer straps unless it hits the bottom of my hip. I'm still not sure whether to buy the bag with the price tag. I need some advice on that.
Which hardware did you try it in? The Giant 12 or rh?

jensmakeupbag

Apr 16, 2012
I love it. It's my second favorite style, the first would be the Day style. I wore my black RH Velo for about a month straight with the strap doubled (for shoulder wear), and I did notice a tiny bit of rubbing on the edges of the strap. Nothing major though...and I don't intend to resell so it's not a big worry. But it does happen.

Cross body it's very comfortable. My City style bags tend to look stuffed with all of my things in them (sometimes I like to stick a light weight sweater in, or a bulky scarf), but the Velo still has room to spare and can be zipped easily.

Thanks for your input! I thought of a day but then again I do like a shoulder strap for hands free activities.