Please help me choose an RM bag!

a4488

Oct 24, 2006
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking around here for a bit, and now I am toying with the idea of getting an RM bag! I love the colour mocha, but I am not sure about whether to go for the MA or the MAM, and may be open to other styles too. Most of my current bags are the larger side so as to be good for carrying paperwork and books. Q: Which style do you all think is the most versatile and flattering (note: I am 5'7). Also, I can't really afford more than on major purchuse for a while, so I need a classic that will always look good...

Thanks for your thoughts on this!

Welcome!!! :biggrin:

Hmmm... I'd have to say the MA's shape and simple design makes it more classic. It also may be a good size for you, just not sure how many books you can fit into it (might get too heavy) -- a paperback or two is good, along with a notebook-sized agenda/planner.

If you want to fit more in though you might go for a Jane Tote? The Get Away Tote is also large and lovely!

In this case, I would go with a MA in Black, Chocolate, Espresso, or Gray. The MA will suit your needs and the colors will work well for you in a multitude of situations.

I just wanted to add do NOT get a MA to put books in. Even note books and folders get very heavy. I did not even put heavy hardback books in mine. Handles will start to tear! Plus it gets very heavy and I doubt these are meant to be heavy duty totes. Although the elisha looks like a good bet and would distribute weight more easily.

The MA bag is definitely a classic shape and is large enough for most needs. But if you frequently put larger format books or notebooks in, it's a little difficult. You might have to lay them in the bottom of the bag rather than standing them on their edges and then that makes the bag bulky and difficult to carry on the shoulder. The Elisha may be a good suggestion. It's a very elegant and simple shape with flair and looks gorgous in the brown and black examples I've seen.

For books, notebooks and folders probably the Elisha, Jane, Grace, or Get Away would work best, at least if you intend to use it as a book bag on a regular basis.

Thanks everyone for the excellent advice! I have been thinking about this a bit more, trying to be practical. Since I already have number of bags that can work on days when I am carring more books and papers, maybe I should branch out a bit and get a bag that is a bit smaller and good for going out in the day time when I don't have so much to carry (say, one book, wallet, keys, agenda etc.). Does this sound more like the MAB or the MAM? I think both would work, just not sure what would look better with my 5'7 medium build self!

Thanks everyone for the excellent advice! I have been thinking about this a bit more, trying to be practical. Since I already have number of bags that can work on days when I am carring more books and papers, maybe I should branch out a bit and get a bag that is a bit smaller and good for going out in the day time when I don't have so much to carry (say, one book, wallet, keys, agenda etc.). Does this sound more like the MAB or the MAM? I think both would work, just not sure what would look better with my 5'7 medium build self!

Yes, this sounds like the MAM (mini) would be perfect for what you're looking for.

They have one at Delcina.com and once in a while they have codes. They also have a "Deal of the Week" and you never know, they might put the mocha MAM up. Keep an eye out!

Also, I hear Funky La La might be offering a code soon?

Hi! I guess my main question would be - how much stuff do you have? And are you a "big bag" girl or a "medium bag" girl?

You are tallish, like me, so I think the regular size would look good on you. It is big and fits a lot of stuff. If you don't need quite that much room, go for the mini!

I would vote for the MAB - It use it all the time when I don't have a lot to carry with me and I love it because there are days when you star off carrying next to nothing, but things happen and things get added to your bag. At your height, I would be worried about the mini looking too small on your frame. I am 5'2" and think its perfectly proportioned for me, although I mostly carry the MAB.

Thank you for the advice everyone! I usually carry a Mulberry Bayswater, I guess that is a larger bag? So the MAB might work. My thinking on maybe going for the mini was that it would be good to have a smaller bag for some variety, but I am also concerned that it might just seem too small for me. At 130lb I am not thin. Although not much of a stay-out-at-night person I am at dinner parties/get togethers now and then and I always feel I never have the right bag for that kind of thing. Anyway, thanks for putting up with me as I waffle on this!