Please help me choose a neutral summer Kelly :)

Which one of these colours for a 28 Kelly?

• Parchemin

• Poussiere

• Gold

• Etoupe or Gris T

Results are only viewable after voting.
Etoupe may or may not work for you. It reminds me of mushrooms. Sad to say it does nothing for my skin tone which is fair with a slight warm (yellow) undertone.

Granted I don't hold a purse next to my face, or at least I haven't yet but the color should work with the wardrobe colors in order to get the most bang for the buck, as they say.

Anything uber pale in color may be more difficult to keep looking fresh.

Gold has been around for ages and probably will; reason is it is so versatile aka classic and definitely can be carried year round.

Tough choice but don't overthink this. That first gut reaction, listen to it for it is truth.

Parchemin - too light
Poussiere - a bit boring
Gold - timeless and beautiful
Etoupe or Gris T - a bit sad color for Kelly I think

So my vote for Gold, or maybe you can possibly think of Tabac Camel if there would be a chance to get her. I have got Evelyne in Tabac Camel and that one really rocks :smile: It's lovely warm, sandy beige color that goes really well with everything.

Thank you so much for your help girls!! :hugs:
I can't say that I've decided but at least I've narrowed the choice to gold or parchemin.
I'm ''saving'' etoupe for a birkin or a bigger Kelly, because it's a great casual colour to wear with jeans and black IMO. And I prefer it with phw, and I want this Kelly to have ghw.

If you're cool in coloring, gray would be lovely—but with blonde hair and a taste for classic, gold is beautiful. I thought I would also emphasize that there are many golden varieties in H. You don't have to go with just gold Clemence or Togo. The attached photos show my gold and golden bags, and there's quite a range, from a 1990s gold box and toile Bolide to a 1990s Vache Natural Bolide, and then a 1990s natural saddle leather & toile Market Bag and an early 2000s barenia and toile Evelyne.

So as you can see, I really love the golden hues of H (as well as toile, which is beautiful for summer)—and despite all of these, I wouldn't find it repetitive to have a golden Kelly as well. But I'm a traditionalist at heart.

apologies for being off topic but what gorgeous bolides, and evelyne you have there, arabesques!

back to topic, gold or parchemin is great but parchemin is rather rare even in the reseller market..

apologies for being off topic but what gorgeous bolides, and evelyne you have there, arabesques!

back to topic, gold or parchemin is great but parchemin is rather rare even in the reseller market..
That was my next question, what are the chances of scoring each of these colours?
I guess even etoupe or gris would be ok, it's just that I'd prefer parchemin or gold. Same goes for hw, I would prefer gold with those colours, but all my jewellry is white so phw wouldn't be a problem :wacko:

Thank you, chincac. The Bolides in particular are beloved by me. The VN Bolide goes with absolutely everything, which is how I know a gold Kelly would be so wonderful.

That was my next question, what are the chances of scoring each of these colours?
I guess even etoupe or gris would be ok, it's just that I'd prefer parchemin or gold. Same goes for hw, I would prefer gold with those colours, but all my jewellry is white so phw wouldn't be a problem :wacko:

I've finally stopped worrying about hardware and jewelry; it took a long time (I wear white jewelry mostly, too), but I'm finally okay with my bags showing a flash of gold.

Etoupe should be relatively easy to get at H or through a reseller. Gold would be relatively easy to acquire at H if you're looking for clemence or togo. Other leathers might take hunting resellers. I don't know about greys or parchemin. I suspect resellers are the best avenue.

Well, since you have decided ... Parchemin will be very hard to come by. You'll have to check with your store to see what the SM ordered. I know last year my SM didn't order any kellys or birkins in Parchemin. It should be fairly easy to find a gold with ghw. My personal favorites are actually Argile and Gris T with ghw.

not sure whether parchemin is being produced by H currently or can be ordered, but gold definitely yes..

Thank you, you have all been very helpful! :flowers:
I was aiming at parchemin because I think that it can be dressed up or down while gold in my eyes is more casual. I have other gold bags by LV, that's also why I don't feel very excited when I look at gold. Sure, it goes with everything in my closet but maybe I need a change.
Over 60% of votes, including my mum's, go for etoupe but, like yasmes said, I feel that it's a bit sad on a 28 kelly that will be worn with dresses and skirts mostly.
I live in Italy so resellers are not an option :nogood: