Please help Identify this Handbag!

Have you ever seen a bag like this? Full leather, no lining. I have no idea who made it as there is absolutely no identifying logo or hardware on the bag.
Do you know who may have made this? I'd love to buy from the maker again. I found this at a Ross, or maybe TJ Maxx.
I have really battered it over the years and it is still in pretty good shape after 20 years!!! IMAG1824.jpg
I have several designer bags, but none seem to be made in the same exact way, so I've always wondered who made this one!

Have you ever seen a bag like this? Full leather, no lining. I have no idea who made it as there is absolutely no identifying logo or hardware on the bag.
Do you know who may have made this? I'd love to buy from the maker again. I found this at a Ross, or maybe TJ Maxx.
I have really battered it over the years and it is still in pretty good shape after 20 years!!! View attachment 3722708
I have several designer bags, but none seem to be made in the same exact way, so I've always wondered who made this one!

I don't know either but I'd love to know too, how wonderful, great bag

There were many bags made like this in the late1950s (getting smaller in the early 1960s). Having a structured, framed bag was the 'it' shape of the day and no lady was dressed without one. Although they took inspiration from designers like Hermes and Gucci, Koret, Bellstone etc, talented leather workers (some who worked for designers) made them anonymously and often sold them through independent stores and dept stores. Many had labels stuck on afterwards (perhaps you can see faint glue marks?) and sometimes the label was sewn between the seams, often these were about where the bag was going to be sold i.e. the Harrods or Saks label rather than who made it. Nowadays we add labels to everything to up-sell an item because we don't trust ourselves, in those days people could obviously discern quality for themselves without a label.

Reactions: Mariapia