Please help! Bright Bal + neutral Bottega OR vice versa?

Mellee

O.G.
Oct 20, 2009
Hi ladies,

I have been lurking on the Bal forums for a looooong time and finally have the funds to buy my first Bal! :yahoo:Here's the dilemma...I can either buy a bright colorful Bal (LE lime green city with ggh) + a neutral Bottega (the ferro Sloane...which is a dark slightly metallic gray) OR a neutral Bal (the black city w with ggh) + a bright Bottega (anenome large Veneta, a cobalt blue). I've been debating with myself for the past week and need some help! What combo do all the experienced Bal lovers out there recommend and why? My fear is that I would not be able to pull off a bright Bal in my 40s or 50s, whereas the Bottega would be more "understated" despite being in a bright color. However, the lime green city ggh combo is beautiful! I want both bags to be part of my permanent collection. Thanks in advance for any and all advice!

Hm hm hm... I do love the lime colour, but would get such a pop of colour in RH. Buuut, a classic black bal can NEVER go wrong, so go with that and that coloury bottega veneta, i know their colours are so beautiful too...

I'd go with the black bal and pop of a colour BV.

Don't mind the "i won't be able to carry it when i'm 40-50", ofcourse you will, I will ;)

Black balenciaga = many more years of wear if it's your only one. :heart:

I prefer Bottega in classic colors as it's such a classic bag: black, chocolate, grey, etc. The brighter colors just don't look right on bottega to me.

I just wanted to comment that I'm in my fifties and have an amethyst and I totally love wearing bright colors! why do people think that your age dictates the colors you can carry? not so, wear what you love!

neutral bal if it gonna be your one and only bal for a while to come!!

Take it from someone who bought a Sang GSH for her first bbag, love it to death but cannot conjure sufficient outfits to bring it to work everyday and therefore is now on the look out for an Anthra or dark dark navy blue bbag so that she can still bring a bbag to work everyday (and not be known as a crazy red lady grin)!

Hi

Incidentally these are my two favourite brands in the world!

I would go with bright bal and classic BVs. The blacks, browns and greys of BV can last u a loooooong loooooong time and useful for all occassions. The bright bal for when u want to have fun and a pop of color?

But that's just me. As I can't agree more that black city is a classic too.