PLEASE HELP! A very wrinkled gator colvert ghw CDC;(

I'm so sorry GG, the color is gorgeous but I would take this back ASAP to your store and have them return to LV for you. They can do that.

Some wrinkles are going to happen as you wear it but I had a few that I ordered online that appeared to have similar issues in the glazing, almost above the skin. My local store manager evaluated them and sent them back to H.com as defective. I don't know if it's a defect or just too much handling during manufacture or trying on but I wouldn't keep it no matter how rare the color. At the price, you should be thrilled with it!

Hi tonkamama. Thanks for stopping by the thread. Yes, maybe I'll email the LV SA with the pictures.

Hi Ouija board. I didn't realize this was a common issue in shiny gator CDC'S. Good thing to know about for the future. Regardless of the CDC outcome it won't dim my enthusiasm on such a wonderful trip and experience. But, thank you for your kind concern.

Greengoddness8- I feel bad that you got a wrinkled CDC. I'll send you the email of the ASM at the Bellagio so she can take care of this for you. She can probably transfer one into the store and swap with yours.

I would bring it back to the store ASAP and see if they can't locate one for you. You are in the return period and the plastic is still on the bracelet.

BTW, I just looked at my two shiny gator CDCs and both do NOT have any wrinkling.

I am so sorry this happened to you!!! :hugs:
Thank you, ET. :hugs:Do you know how long H's return policy is usually? Now, I need to explain why I bought this from another SA to my SA. Oh the drama....
I have seen this type of wrinkling effect more on large scale than small scale too. I don't know if this is considered a defect or not because it seems to be quite common with large scale CDC especially.
Thanks for the info yodaling. I will try and have them locate a small scale CDC can.
This^ +1

Sent from my SM-G920V using PurseForum mobile app
Thanks, Trish.
I'm so sorry GG, the color is gorgeous but I would take this back ASAP to your store and have them return to LV for you. They can do that.

Some wrinkles are going to happen as you wear it but I had a few that I ordered online that appeared to have similar issues in the glazing, almost above the skin. My local store manager evaluated them and sent them back to H.com as defective. I don't know if it's a defect or just too much handling during manufacture or trying on but I wouldn't keep it no matter how rare the color. At the price, you should be thrilled with it!

Thank you for your kind message and information. Yes, it does seem as though it is almost
above the skin. I agree that at this price I should be thrilled with it. I just wish I had looked closer, while I was in LV.

Thank you, ET. :hugs:Do you know how long H's return policy is usually? Now, I need to explain why I bought this from another SA to my SA. Oh the drama....

Thanks for the info yodaling. I will try and have them locate a small scale CDC can.

Thanks, Trish.

Thank you for your kind message and information. Yes, it does seem as though it is almost
above the skin. I agree that at this price I should be thrilled with it. I just wish I had looked closer, while I was in LV.

I believe the return policy is 30 days. I would tell your SA the truth. Honesty is the best policy, I believe h will be able to replace this with a (reasonable) amount of ease.

So sorry that this happened to you sweetie! Although I don't own any exotics, I feel how disappointed you are. :sad: But in my experience Bellagio H staff are one of the best ones; I'm pretty sure they won't mind helping you out. Good luck!

That's a tough one. I think wrinkling like that is not unusual on shiny gator, especially for a bracelet, so it's possible that it got tried on a lot before it was sold to you. But I think it'll only get more wrinkles with wear.

Hi Ouija board. I didn't realize this was a common issue in shiny gator CDC'S. Good thing to know about for the future.

I have seen this type of wrinkling effect more on large scale than small scale too. I don't know if this is considered a defect or not because it seems to be quite common with large scale CDC especially.

Unfortunately I don't think this is an uncommon problem with large scale shiny gator :sweatdrop::sad: I'm sure it doesn't happen to all of them, but I have noticed it in photos quite a bit. I once bought a large scale shiny gator in one of my HG colours on the resale market but had to return it because the wrinkling drove me mad. This is why I only buy small scale CDCs in shiny gator, and opt for large scales in matte gator as the matte finish doesn't seem to have the wrinkling problem. I hope you can either exchange the CDC for another one or learn to love the wrinkles! It's a personal thing and many people don't seem to mind them...

This is such an exquisite color, but I would not keep it in that condition. I have not seen that kind of wrinkling on any of my exotics. Sorry this happened to you.

GG - it looks pretty wrinkled to me and if it bothers you, you should exchange it with one you are happy with. I also have a SA contact in Vegas so let me know if you need it. Take a look at your receipt and see which SA was credited with the purchase? I think you should also try them if you can't reach the ASM.

I'm very sorry this happened to you. I didn't notice it either. I think it was such a whirlwind and we always expect H quality to be top notch so didn't inspect it closely before you purchased it.

So sorry this happened to you. I have the same bracelet, and it definitely is wrinkle-free. The return period is 30 days. Please return it immediately. All my exotic CDCs are large scale, lisse, and show no wrinkles. Given that it's defective, if they can't locate another perfect one, I would ask for a refund, rather than a credit, as it's H's responsibility to sell a perfect product.

I would bring it back to the store ASAP and see if they can't locate one for you. You are in the return period and the plastic is still on the bracelet.

BTW, I just looked at my two shiny gator CDCs and both do NOT have any wrinkling.

I am so sorry this happened to you!!! :hugs:

+1, none of my large scale ~ or small scale CDCs ~ have any wrinkling on them.
Back it goes, unfortunately.

I believe the return policy is 30 days. I would tell your SA the truth. Honesty is the best policy, I believe h will be able to replace this with a (reasonable) amount of ease.
I did find it written on the receipt, thank you ET. Yes, truth is always the best policy!!! I have contacted the Bellagio ASM first though
So sorry that this happened to you sweetie! Although I don't own any exotics, I feel how disappointed you are. :sad: But in my experience Bellagio H staff are one of the best ones; I'm pretty sure they won't mind helping you out. Good luck!
You are too kind, Ethengdurst! Thank you! It was just a very hard week. And....Hopefully, the Hermes at the Bellagio will handle it easily and quickly.;)
Unfortunately I don't think this is an uncommon problem with large scale shiny gator :sweatdrop::sad: I'm sure it doesn't happen to all of them, but I have noticed it in photos quite a bit. I once bought a large scale shiny gator in one of my HG colours on the resale market but had to return it because the wrinkling drove me mad. This is why I only buy small scale CDCs in shiny gator, and opt for large scales in matte gator as the matte finish doesn't seem to have the wrinkling problem. I hope you can either exchange the CDC for another one or learn to love the wrinkles! It's a personal thing and many people don't seem to mind them...
Hi MsHermesAU, I didn't know until now that some Large scale gators have this issue. Thanks for sharing your observations. I know I will never make the mistake on checking for wrinkles & quality again. Live and learn:P
This is such an exquisite color, but I would not keep it in that condition. I have not seen that kind of wrinkling on any of my exotics. Sorry this happened to you.
Thanks rdgid! I appreciate your sharing your experience. My collection is very small. So, it is
good to hear from others that have a more extensive collection. And, I'm glad all of your exotics are wrinkle free:cool:
GG - it looks pretty wrinkled to me and if it bothers you, you should exchange it with one you are happy with. I also have a SA contact in Vegas so let me know if you need it. Take a look at your receipt and see which SA was credited with the purchase? I think you should also try them if you can't reach the ASM.

I'm very sorry this happened to you. I didn't notice it either. I think it was such a whirlwind and we always expect H quality to be top notch so didn't inspect it closely before you purchased it.
Thanks MYH. I sent two emails and numerous pictures to the ASM. Hopefully, I will hear back something today.
I would return the bracelet.

Thanks texasgirliegirl. That is what I have decided to do.

So sorry this happened to you. I have the same bracelet, and it definitely is wrinkle-free. The return period is 30 days. Please return it immediately. All my exotic CDCs are large scale, lisse, and show no wrinkles. Given that it's defective, if they can't locate another perfect one, I would ask for a refund, rather than a credit, as it's H's responsibility to sell a perfect product.
Thank you for responding werner. I'm glad to know that all of your large scale are fine! I do agree with you that this one does seem defective...There are raised wrinkles everywhere and it seems as though the color didn't take evenly because of it. I don't think it should have ever made it to the H store floor. And, I also agree that if they can't locate a perfect one they should offer me a true refund. But, I doubt that H will do that for little ole me;(
+1, none of my large scale ~ or small scale CDCs ~ have any wrinkling on them.
Back it goes, unfortunately.
Good to know your big gorgeous collection is all wrinkle free VigeeLeBrun!:graucho: Hopefully, I can just send it back to them. Keep your fingers crossed this goes smoothly...
So sorry this happened to you GG8, I would definitely return or exchange it.
Thanks BalLVLover. Hopefully the Bellagio H will take care of it ASAP.