Please give me your opinions on the Dooney Florentine Satchel

Hi Trudysmom,

I particularly love the picture of the navy Dillon leather satchel, I just love the contrasting color straps on the body of the bag!! I know some people don't like this look but I think it's more sporty or equestrian (although you'll never see me anywhere near a horse :biggrin:) and I just love this look. I wonder where I might find this style or is it discontinued for the plainer look? Thanks to all for a very interesting forum...

Hi Trudysmom,

I particularly love the picture of the navy Dillon leather satchel, I just love the contrasting color straps on the body of the bag!! I know some people don't like this look but I think it's more sporty or equestrian (although you'll never see me anywhere near a horse :biggrin:) and I just love this look. I wonder where I might find this style or is it discontinued for the plainer look? Thanks to all for a very interesting forum...
I always wanted a Dillen in this combination and love it. I will try to remember where I got it.
flower%20sm_zpsv3gn7gby.jpg

OMG you cant go wrong with this bag in ANY color, its gorgeous...I have one in this style in black so I cant give you any feedback with color transfer..the leather is the best..you will love it...they are yummy

Didnt realize you had gotten her already....gorgeous and enjoy...

Hi Everyone,

I am so enjoying this forum, you girls are all so very nice!! Anyway, I await QVC's first show tonight, being on the East Coast I will loose 2 hours sleep!! I sure wish there was some way to tell what is going to be offered, I keep checking on line and not many changes yet.

I'm a little confused as to the many colors of blue that Dooney offers; the Marine looks a bit darker in some photos, Navy probably being a bit lighter and then there is the Denim, would that just be another name for Ocean for which I have seen so many lovely photos on this forum? And, I've seen Midnight, Jeans and Sky!! Would Jeans be the same as Denim?

Doesn't take much to confuse me I'm afraid....:smile:

Hi Everyone,

I am so enjoying this forum, you girls are all so very nice!! Anyway, I await QVC's first show tonight, being on the East Coast I will loose 2 hours sleep!! I sure wish there was some way to tell what is going to be offered, I keep checking on line and not many changes yet.

I'm a little confused as to the many colors of blue that Dooney offers; the Marine looks a bit darker in some photos, Navy probably being a bit lighter and then there is the Denim, would that just be another name for Ocean for which I have seen so many lovely photos on this forum? And, I've seen Midnight, Jeans and Sky!! Would Jeans be the same as Denim?

We all get confussed about colors. :biggrin:
From what I understand, blues have slightly different colors in each shade. For instance, Marine Blue can have slightly different shades if you put 2 bags side by side, it has something to do how the leather absorbs the color. All of the colors you stated are all different shades of blue, it is just a hit and miss on how each Marine (or any other blue) will look.
I hope that made sense, now I am confussed.

Hi Everyone,

Hi Hydrangeagirl,

I believe it goes in this order from darkest to lightest/brightest: marine, navy, denim, ocean, Sky. I believe jeans is just a pebbled leather color and it is very close to the denim color in florentine. In the florentine the denim is a little more muted than the ocean. The ocean is very vibrant and bright. There is some shade variation in the ocean. Some are really bright and some more muted. I hope this helps.

Reactions: christinemliu
Thank you for trying to clarify the colors for me, and I found another, Midnight which I would assume would be darker than Marine?! So, being retired and living mostly in jeans these days, I'm wondering if the Denim would be enough of a contrast! Unfortunately where I live, although we do have a few Macys, the selection is very poor, would have to go into the city to find a better selection to actually see some colors, so I guess if I buy something this week, I'll just be taking a stab at the right color. But I suppose if I don't have anything in front of me to make a comparison, I won't know the difference (?). I'm thinking crimson too...:smile: The more I look, the more I want everything!! Thanks again.....

hydrangeagirl: the difficulty with the colors, especially the blues, is they vary from leather to leather. And even within the same type of leather they may not be consistent. Since you will be wearing one bag (at a time), as long as you like the color, it doesn't really matter how it compares to the others.

In general, midnight, marine, and navy are dark blue. They will vary in intensity and in undertone... but unless you are trying to match something specifically, which ever one is offered in the style/leather you want, is a good choice for a dark blue.

Ocean and denim are very similar. I think denim might have 1 drop of green in the color mix, but unless they are side by side you would think the ocean and denim were the same color. Both are beautiful midtone blues. Some ocean is brighter than others, don't ask me why. I have 2 ocean blue in Florentine leather bags, and they look different. When I bought the denim, also in Florentine, I thought it was ocean, until I looked at the tag and put it side by side with the ocean in natural light. Again, either ocean or denim are great brighter blues.

As for jean or jeans, I have that in an ostrich embossed leather. I'd call it a dark turquoise. It has a lot more green than any of the other blues and it's not as bright as ocean or denim.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again!! I guess the bottom line is I should just buy the purse that speaks to me regardless of what color they are calling it!! They appear to be coming out with more colors than I can keep track of; I think I may like what they are calling honey, maybe they'll show it in a Florentine satchel in one of the next shows..:smile:
I didn't find anything that spoke to me last night on the 2 hr Q show...waiting for the next one.:wave: