Please give me advice on how to resolve this

Pursissima

Dec 3, 2009
I can't believe I got myself in this mess, and at this point I can't figure out how to resolve it.

I ordered a purse from Kate Spade, around Christmas time (few days after Christmas), and as of today, the item is still online in my account in the "pending" status. I've been calling the customer service, and every day I receive different information from different CS I talk to. Did a bit of research online and found that this seems to be a common practice with Kate Spade CS. Basically, what it appears to be happening is that the item sold out while I was ordering it, but instead of cancelling it, it is still pending in my account. Per latest CS information, they will not order these bags anymore, so my order will not be processed, as there aren't any more items in stock. However, CS can't cancel my order, nor can I do it either. So it just sits there without any change. Prior to this response, I was told a few days ago that I could cancel the order, and that CS will place a request, but obviously that request never got submitted. When I ask to speak to supervisor, they told me that no supervisors are available and that someone will contact me but they never do. They won't provide anything but first name of various CS people I speak to, and like I said, every day its different information. I just want to make this item cancelled so that its no longer pending in my account, but I don't know how to get the response from someone at this company to help me out. Btw, different CS told me the item will ship even though per another CS its no longer available whatsoever.

Not sure what your experience is with Kate Spade, its my first order, and I just can't believe how wrong it went.

Any advice on what would you do to resolve this is highly appreciated.

I'm waiting on some coasters that I ordered weeks ago from Kate Spade. I wish that I had some advice for you, but their customer service really sucks. I am never ordering from the website again.

OP, I'm sorry to hear that you are having such problems! I find it odd that KS hasn't been able to give you an update on whether they'd be able to fulfill your items for you; every time I've called their CS, they've been able to tell me on the spot whether the item was still in stock in their own warehouse, or whether any of their shops had it. And in my own experience placing orders online, KS has been extremely quick to cancel my order when something is out of stock.

Have you tried putting your request in writing via email? It's always frustrating when you get bounced around from person to person on the phone, but at least with email, there is a paper trail.

I hope you get this resolved soon!

Thank you all for your input. Someone suggested to call my cc, which I did, and guess what, after my cc contacted their CS reps, and we all had a 3 way conversation, the item was cancelled and I even received a follow up phone call today to notify me of this cancellation plus that I do get a discount on my future purchase.

KS did have some nice CSs (I'm talking in plural because I called several times regarding this issue), but while I do appreciate their niceness, I still cannot believe that they do have some CS reps who will hang up on you in the middle of the conversation, lie that the item will be shipped when in fact the item is no longer made and not available in any stores or online nor will it ever be. To add to this, lie that they will cancel the order, when in fact they never even attempted to cancel, lie that CS nor their supervisors can cancel the order and that the order has to pend out there for who knows how long. Lie that they are the only ones (the CS) working and that supervisor is not available, lie that there is no way to contact anyone but this rude CS I had the luck of speaking to. And lastly, when I asked for a name so that I could reference the CS I spoke to, say that they can only give first name (which turns out to be a made up name), and no other info available to reference. Oh and every time they said they will escalate the issue to supervisor because regular CS couldn't do anything, the supervisor never followed up with me, except today and 1 time to tell me that they are still researching the issue.

Someone mentioned I should have emailed, maybe I should have, but I just can't believe that these numerous phone calls turned into such soap opera, when all they had to do was tell me item is no longer sold, it was still available at time of purchase due to computer glitch and we will remove the pending status because we can not sell it to you. How hard would that be.

I understand they want to make the sale, and not cancel orders, but its not my fault the item is not available, so what else is there to do but to cancel?
Anyway, I've made many purchases online and through different stores, never had these issues, and decided no matter the discount, how much I like an item from Kate Spade, from now on, I will no longer be a customer, and will stay away from any Kate Spade items, regardless of who sells them. In my opinion the integrity of their support staff is not there and I just don't want to go through this next time.

Again thanks for the advices because they did really help.