Please define (MFF) Made for Factory

Restore724

Hopeless 4 Handbags
Nov 4, 2008
Please clarify and define what is a (MFF) Made for Factory bag.

Does the creed have the letter F in the style#?
Does the creed have a stamp (bullet) on them?
Are they less expensive than retail stores?
Is the quality different and how?

Okay...

The creed has the letter F AFTER the hyphen. If it's before the hyphen, it's simply the month it was manufactured.

The creed shouldn't have a bullet stamp, but some outlet employees are bullet stamp happy, so it's possible a MFF bag will have one.

They are usually less expensive than retail stores, but not always. Also, they are often more expensive (at least when first introduced) than boutique transfers to the outlets.

On some bags, the quality is noticeably different. On others, not quite as much. Usually there is less hardware, the leather is not as thick, and the lining is different. Taking the original Ali vs the MFF Ali as an example:

original: very thick and heavy leather with a matte finish
MFF: thinner leather with a slight shine to it; doesn't seem to patina the same as the original version

original: antique brass hardware
mff: bright brass hardware

original: Legacy stripe lining
MFF: signature lining in a solid color

original: medallion along with hangtag
MFF: hangtag only

original: thick strap to distribute weight of the bag better
MFF: thinner strap

sometimes the bags also come in color combinations that are ONLY distributed in the factory and not the retail store. (ie. if a signature zoe was only made in khaki and black in the retail store, it may be made in navy or cinnamon in the outlets).

Okay...

The creed has the letter F AFTER the hyphen. If it's before the hyphen, it's simply the month it was manufactured.

The creed shouldn't have a bullet stamp, but some outlet employees are bullet stamp happy, so it's possible a MFF bag will have one.

They are usually less expensive than retail stores, but not always. Also, they are often more expensive (at least when first introduced) than boutique transfers to the outlets.

On some bags, the quality is noticeably different. On others, not quite as much. Usually there is less hardware, the leather is not as thick, and the lining is different. Taking the original Ali vs the MFF Ali as an example:

original: very thick and heavy leather with a matte finish
MFF: thinner leather with a slight shine to it; doesn't seem to patina the same as the original version

original: antique brass hardware
mff: bright brass hardware

original: Legacy stripe lining
MFF: signature lining in a solid color

original: medallion along with hangtag
MFF: hangtag only

original: thick strap to distribute weight of the bag better
MFF: thinner strap

Thank you. Now where is my bowing smilie? ;)

Oh, and to touch on what srspock7 said above, again using the Ali as an example, the MFF version also offered patent teal and patent raspberry while the original version didn't come in patent at all. (I've only included leather versions in my comparison because I'm not familiar with the signature versions of each.)

Thank you. Now where is my bowing smilie? ;)

Oh, and to touch on what srspock7 said above, again using the Ali as an example, the MFF version also offered patent teal and patent raspberry while the original version didn't come in patent at all. (I've only included leather versions in my comparison because I'm not familiar with the signature versions of each.)

michellejy, thanks for the clarification. :urock: