Tech Please convince me to NOT throw my new blackberry storm out the window!! grrr...

divadivine682

~lots of love~
O.G.
Feb 17, 2008
DH and I upgraded our phones today to the blackberry storm and its driving me crazy! Now, I'm not totally stupid when it comes to devices and stuff but this is nuts. Did anyone hate it at first then start to love it? I initially wanted the LG Dare but hubby convinced me to change my mind now Im regretting it. Help! Anyone have this problem?

Did anyone hate it at first then start to love it?

ME!!

I didn't "get" it right away, but now 3 months later, I really like it.

My old LG was no longer charging when the charger was plugged... it had to be held a certain way & was driving me bananas. My new-every-two was in effect just at the end of last year & I thought "why not?" I never have the "newest" thing, so I upgraded to the storm online. It took 3 weeks (backordered) for it to arrive.

When it came, I was optimistic, and then rueful... and frustrated! I knew where everything was on my old cell, and learning it all over on the blackberry was sooo confusing. I wound up watching all the little "training" videos I could and actually reading the user's guide.

It took me a couple weeks before i was comfortable with the click screen & no buttons, but I like 'em fine now. I really do like the "click" because i like the tactile feedback.

Hang in there, it gets easier!!:flowers:

The first few hours I had it i was ready to chuck it out the window, but now I'm glad I didn't. I love it!

I like the clickable touch screen...I was never a fan of the normal ones.

ETA: the battery life is incredibly sucky if you use applications, i would have to charge it every eight hours or so. To fix that, give it a few long charges, like 12-16 hours. My battery life has increased significantly. i can go a few days without having to recharge it!

i went from BB Curve to Storm few weeks ago, texting did drove me crazy at first, but it's getting better now. The new apps are pretty good too, just miss the wifi function on Curve :'(

Took me awhile to like it also. But would advise to delete the apps you don't use. It's just like your computer, will run better if you clean it up and get the junk off.

Mine is Verizon, so it came w/ VZ navigator that takes up a lot of room and memory. Since I have a GPS, removed the VZ navigator app and that has made all the difference in the world.

it was hard for me for the first week using the storm blackberry, but now i'm a pro! at least my husband called me that ... haha =) hang in there, you'll get used to it .. and I love this strom much better than my old BB pearl.

Thank you sooo much for the feedback!! I was beyond exhaused last night, really long day, and I don't think that helped my patience level one bit. I'm really glad to hear that you guys just needed a little time with it to really enjoy it. Its my first blackberry so apart from the touch screen thing, its an entirely different animal from my enV2! I will definitely take your tips on erasing the applications I don't use cuz I also have a navigation system in my car and would never use the VZ one on the phone.....thanks sooo much! I'll let you know how it turns out (now that I'm more rested :P)

i've had mine since January and i hate it. I had a curve and a iphone on AT&T, so i was used to both blackberry and touch screen phones. My issue with the phone is I've received 2 defective devices and i am now on my 3rd since verizon won't do anything about it other than replace it. I'm completely fed up with it but at this point since i am way past the 30 day return policy, i can only continue to replace the defective phones, or pay full retail price for a different device, which i don't feel i should have to do. :tdown:

update: I have sucessfully learned how to navigate throughout the phone with minimal problems...only took a few days to figure it all out, just kinda played around with it. I just kinda miss having actual buttons to press!! LOL I don't think I'll get another touch screen phone (I really think I NEED buttons!) but I'd def think about sticking with a BB, its def got some pretty cool features!!