Please convince me to buy the Black Leather Horsebit Hobo

Thanks Queen Asli, I'll do that as soon as I figure out which one I want. I've decided that I def want a medium, but I cant decide if I want it in the monogram canvas, the monogram leather (which I've only seen on ebay) or the plain leather. Any opinions would be much appreciated ladies!

I can't speak to the monogram leather (because I don't have any experience with that . . . yet :smile:, but I have both the regular leather and canvas hobos in large (bought the regular leather last week and picked up the canvas today). I'd thought that I would much prefer the fabric (it was what initially drew me to the bag, but my DH and SA both convinced me to go with the leather initially), but now that I have both bags, side-by-side, the leather is absolutely incredible. It's so soft and luxurious and slouchy . . . I love it. Love the fabric, too, but IMO, the leather is really grogeous. I don't know anything about longterm wear and tear, so based on NOW, I'd encourage you to go with the leather. Besides, you can't beat that pre-sale price.

Now, I'm dying to know what you end up with . . . so please keep us updated!

Hi Cate, thanks for the reply!

I was initially drawn to the canvas bag too- thats what got me interested in this particular style but when I went to the store, SA made me sway towards the leather too. Now your post has made me even more sure! The store didnt have the monogram leather, but I was looking on ebay and saw it and now I'm completely torn between the plain leather and monogram leather. I've decided to skip the canvas (for now). So all I know for now is black, leather, medium (bec I'm much too short for the large). Still super confused between monogram or plain :sad:

Here are a few comparison pics.

Attachments

• 2008_05_25_191905_LH03918.jpg
    2008_05_25_191905_LH03918.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 115
  • 2008_05_25_191554_LH03910.jpg
    2008_05_25_191554_LH03910.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 2008_05_25_191503_LH03908.jpg
    2008_05_25_191503_LH03908.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 110
Great pictures! You have me convinced of ording the large black leather horsebit hobo! I have been thinking the whole weekend if I should order it or not, and if yes, the large or medium? But now, I'm on my way to place the order!:P

Spreading the chain hobo love! Thanks for your kind words about the pics. I LOVE both bags, but prefer the leather (which surprised me, since I liked the fabric first). So soft and pretty! It's a relief to know that it just gets softer and more beautiful with time (thanks, Gagaforgucci). And congrats, Em821--please post pics. once it arrives!

I love this bag. I have it in medium, I think it's the perfect size. However, I would love to get it in large as well. I just think it should be a staple in your closet. I think the large one may be a little too big for you though. :tup::tup:

Spreading the chain hobo love! Thanks for your kind words about the pics. I LOVE both bags, but prefer the leather (which surprised me, since I liked the fabric first). So soft and pretty! It's a relief to know that it just gets softer and more beautiful with time (thanks, Gagaforgucci). And congrats, Em821--please post pics. once it arrives!

Thanks! I can't wait for it to arrive! I also ordered the black leather flap french wallet with gold GG ornament:yahoo:. My first black bag and wallet!