Please come meet my new RH Midnight Day

Yes! This is the most beautiful marine bag so far! Love the distressing and the color. I think this style bag looks great with GSH too! Congrats!

Wow, that's the first Marine bag that I've thought gorgeous! Would you mind posting some day shots of the colour please? Congrats on a divine bag!

Photos taken outside in daytime - the sun was very bright (for the UK) so took me a while! The other photos were taken inside in daytime.

Attachments

• OUT3.jpg
    OUT3.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 39
  • OUT1.jpg
    OUT1.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 39
  • OUT2.jpg
    OUT2.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 37
I just purchased the Marine City this weekend and am disappointed in the leather and color. Looks almost black when I'm indoors and only after I get out into daylight does it look blue at all. Yours looks so much better than mine. Mind if I ask whether you consider the leather thick or on the thin side? My leather feels really thin...makes me afraid to use it.

Are you sure it wasn't the antracite you purchased? The reason I ask is because I adore this color marine and all the pictures look medium blue to me. I have noticed that the antracite has a blue tinge to it as well.

Are you sure it wasn't the antracite you purchased? The reason I ask is because I adore this color marine and all the pictures look medium blue to me. I have noticed that the antracite has a blue tinge to it as well.

I was wondering this too tres. Can you describe the colour of your bag in detail?

I was wondering this too tres. Can you describe the colour of your bag in detail?

It's so hard to describe! :shrugs: Indoors it looks very dark dark blue (nearly black), and in the light, it has a deep blue hue; definitely looks blue under the bright sun. More like a navy blue. It's too bad that the search function isn't working on the forum. I'm new to the Bal section so don't know what Antracite looks like but will compare the two once the site function is up and running. The good news is that I am starting to fall in love with the bag. Now that I've had it for a few days it's really starting to grow on me!!!

It's so hard to describe! :shrugs: Indoors it looks very dark dark blue (nearly black), and in the light, it has a deep blue hue; definitely looks blue under the bright sun. More like a navy blue. It's too bad that the search function isn't working on the forum. I'm new to the Bal section so don't know what Antracite looks like but will compare the two once the site function is up and running. The good news is that I am starting to fall in love with the bag. Now that I've had it for a few days it's really starting to grow on me!!!

You can go to the Bal reference section then to the colours ref section and search for anthracite -I think it will be under greys. The way you describe it I think it sounds like the 08 marine. When I bought mine I looked at 3 different marines and the colour of the lightest and darkest was quite a contrast. Each Bal bag is different in terms of leather and colour saturation.
But as you say you are starting to fall in love with your bag so nothing else matters...enjoy it!;)

Thanks for obliging with the outdoor pics, BlueBay! I stand by what I first said - your Marine is simply STUNNING. Its making me think that I need a Marine in my life, too.....I just love how rich the colour is!