Please advise, vintage bag not sure what to do

lily541

Sep 12, 2017
Hi I got a givenchy bag as a gift from a family member from a thrift store. It is floral tapestry style travel handbag and looks similar to ones posted online that say they're genuine. I wanted to authenticate it but called givenchy headquarters and they said they said neither they nor Paris could authenticate because 1) i told them it's an older bag and they wouldn't know 2) it was from a thrift shop not a store or online store so legally they can't . Bummed out because I already emailed givenchy but didn't hear back for a week now even though I told them I could send photos.
So the thing is on the outside it looks identical to ones posted online that say they're authentic but inside it has a label that says givenchy designed in France, made exclusively for kingport in Taiwan, then 'made in taiwan'" I'm not asking anyone here to authenticate it, I'm just saying what would you do next? Is it impossible that some of the older bags were made in Taiwan? It just looks very pretty I.e stitching and outside label and floral tapestry but the zipper doesn't have givenchy label? Any advice much appreciated, and I can post a link to what it looks similar to if I'm allowed to post on here..
If you answer my post I appreciate but please could you not put my text in quotes thank you

Last edited: