Platino Ossidato Cabat - Is the colour more for a guy?

i am, as usual, late to the party. mlbags, i have not been able to put my cabat down. i carry it everywhere. even to the gym. it has it's own little towel to sit on while it waits for me to finish pilates. it is the perfect size and it looks just so chic on and it matches pretty much everything. i saw the mini cabat in ottone the other day and i think i'm in trouble. the cabat is my FAVOURITE SHAPE by far :love: :love: :love:... i think my sloane is feeling unloved.

ps. jll9, thanks for the props! to be in the same catagory as reese! :love: :P i hope you posted modelling pix too!

I saw it irl and I have to say it's definitely a feminine color!

I also saw it in the medium and large at the SF boutique April 16th. The picture is not true to life. The bag is definitely gold. So gold, I grilled the SA to make sure he was showing me the Platino Ossidato and not some other gold version of the Cabat. The base color is ebano. It looks 100% different than my Platino shoulder bag with the Ossidato spiral woven accents. I was really hoping for something that looked like the color in the picture. It is still so confounding to me that they are gold, and not platinum at all.

jburgh, the significant color difference between the cabat and your shoulder tote is odd to say the least. Did you take the tote to SF? How comfortable was it to use? Did it feel cavernous? NAP shows the bag on a 5-11 model and the proportion is perfect. I'm having second thoughts about how it will look on my 5-2 frame. I know a BV followed you home.....I'm patiently waiting for the reveal!

jburgh, the significant color difference between the cabat and your shoulder tote is odd to say the least. Did you take the tote to SF? How comfortable was it to use? Did it feel cavernous? NAP shows the bag on a 5-11 model and the proportion is perfect. I'm having second thoughts about how it will look on my 5-2 frame. I know a BV followed you home.....I'm patiently waiting for the reveal!

LLANeedle - The shoulder tote worked fabulously. The straps are long enough to fit over a coat, which I needed the last two days of my visit...brrrrr. And yes, it did feel a bit cavernous. But it has the large inside pockets, and opens up fully at the top. I'm used to the Choo Ring and Ramona, so big bags are fine for me. But it is not nearly as much of a black hole as my Fendi Spy...that bag, woo boy!