Plastic Surgery in Singapore

yukiko3773

Jul 18, 2015
Hi,

I am 20 this year, Singaporean and am thinking of plastic surgery for my eyes and nose (maybe face shape too). I was wondering should I do it in Singapore or Korea. My budget now is about $5k but it can wait a while for me to earn more or I may do rhinoplasty first. If done in Singapore, can anyone recommend like the most skilled surgeons if anyone has done it in Singapore before.

Woffles Wu and Martin Huang are supposedly the best in Singapore. But you should probably check out Singapore Epxats forum for more info about Singaporean surgeons. I think you will find surgery in Singapore is not within your budget (but I don't know for sure - never had surgery in SG myself)

If you are going to MH or WW, I really suggest you think twice. Popular does not guarantee success. I have read that people ended having botched jobs such as uneven eyelids etc and had to go for revision elsewhere. Not to mention, they charge pretty high like around twice the price in Korea.

If your budget is S$5K, I think you can only do one surgery, either eyes or nose. However, there don't seem to be any review for rhino in SG. For eyes, you may consider reading reviews from bloggers - sophiaxchong, rachelltan. Good luck!

Singapore just isn't a good place for plastic surgery unless it's the "simple" kind like lateral canthoplasty or double eyelid surgery. The doctors here just aren't super experienced. Martin Huang uses silicon implant for nose jobs anyway, which looks fake and has complications. See Xiaxue's experience with him - her nose didn't look good after either

Allure plastic surgery quoted $6k for ptosis surgery. Better to pay $650 and fly to Korea and get a nice holiday and better surgery. Singapore is more suitable for medical surgeries .

From what I can tell, I feel like plastic surgery would be cheaper in Korea because of the high volume of procedures with more options. And, I agree that I think Singapore is best for simpler procedures. Depends on what you plan to get.

Hi everyone, I’m new here after being a silent reader of pf for years. I’ve had a couple of procedures done in Singapore so this might help:
1. Tip Plasty and alar plasty at Alaxis medical (tip plasty botched, left with a droopy nose because too much cartilage was taken out & no support; alar plasty turned out well) - 2012/ 2013
2. Lower jaw surgery at OMFP by Dr Wee Tze Haur (superb results) - 2015
3. Fat grafting to face at Alaxis (good results, still have lots of fat left but planning to do a TOP up soon for under eye hollows) around 2014/ 2015
4. Nose threadlift at celevenus with dr Dylan Chau - results were decent working with what I had but not permanent - around 2017
5. Threadlift at TWC for nasolabial folds/ lower face - no results, waste of money - don’t bother - around 2017
6. Threadlift at s aesthetics clinic for lower face - decent results but I think there’s a limitation to threadlift, doctor is the best aesthetics/ non-PS doctor I’ve met in Singapore
7. Revision rhino at the rhinoplasty clinic with dr Tan Kar Su, only tip cause I’m happy with my nose bridge but needed to fix the bulbosity & droopiness from the botched job - it’s only been 4 months but I’m prettt happy with results though I do have residue swelling in the tip still

Hope this helps!

Hi everyone, I’m new here after being a silent reader of pf for years. I’ve had a couple of procedures done in Singapore so this might help:
1. Tip Plasty and alar plasty at Alaxis medical (tip plasty botched, left with a droopy nose because too much cartilage was taken out & no support; alar plasty turned out well) - 2012/ 2013
2. Lower jaw surgery at OMFP by Dr Wee Tze Haur (superb results) - 2015
3. Fat grafting to face at Alaxis (good results, still have lots of fat left but planning to do a TOP up soon for under eye hollows) around 2014/ 2015
4. Nose threadlift at celevenus with dr Dylan Chau - results were decent working with what I had but not permanent - around 2017
5. Threadlift at TWC for nasolabial folds/ lower face - no results, waste of money - don’t bother - around 2017
6. Threadlift at s aesthetics clinic for lower face - decent results but I think there’s a limitation to threadlift, doctor is the best aesthetics/ non-PS doctor I’ve met in Singapore
7. Revision rhino at the rhinoplasty clinic with dr Tan Kar Su, only tip cause I’m happy with my nose bridge but needed to fix the bulbosity & droopiness from the botched job - it’s only been 4 months but I’m prettt happy with results though I do have residue swelling in the tip still

Hope this helps!

Hello EurasianRapunzel, thats very detailed, have you tried http://ultherapysingapore.com/ before or any of their other services of https://curamedaesthetics.com before?

Hello EurasianRapunzel, thats very detailed, have you tried http://ultherapysingapore.com/ before or any of their other services of https://curamedaesthetics.com before?
Hey rumimi! I’ve never tried nor heard of that clinic. Regarding ultherapy - I’ve heard and read lots about it but am not convinced. There are lots of bad reviews about it online and some people have said it even melted the fat in their face and made them look old thanks to saggy skin!

Hey rumimi! I’ve never tried nor heard of that clinic. Regarding ultherapy - I’ve heard and read lots about it but am not convinced. There are lots of bad reviews about it online and some people have said it even melted the fat in their face and made them look old thanks to saggy skin!
i have a colleague that visited http://ultherapysingapore.com/ them for ultherapy and the results were really very good, but the down side was the pain. she told me it was really quite painful but at the end of it.... worth every pain hahah

Has anyone did zygoma reduction in Singapore ?

Hi dear!

I did my Zygoma and mini v-line in Seoul because I wasn't sure if SG doctors were gonna make it. I consulted at TES clinic and Martin Huang but their prices are pretty high - $10-30k. And they didn't look like doctors who perform these surgeries on an (at least) bi-weekly basis! The Korean doctors seem more apt and do it very frequently. Experience is very important!!

Only downside is if anything goes wrong, the Korean clinic aren't the most responsible in taking responsibility. For SG doctors, if they mess up your face, you can fight for free revision or even complain to SMC/MOH.

Nevertheless, you can drop them a message here: https://tesclinic.com/services/
Can't travel during covid period so must as well do it locally.

You can PM me if you want some pics heh. But I don't think my zygoma results are super drastic.

Also wanna share with the rest about my experience with surgery in Singapore! I used to think Korean clinics were the best places to visit, but local doctors are equally as good (EXCEPT for bone shaving and rhinoplasty - please stick with a professional for these procedures)! I have consulted in hospitals in bkk too, but they don't seem very advanced in plastic surgery.

For my other surgeries like breast augmentation, I decided to do it locally with trusted doctors since these are relatively simpler procedures.

After spending hundreds of $$ on consultation with Allure (cos their ads always pop out on google. their clinic is small and cozy), Dream (but found out that their google reviews are really bad omg!) and Shens clinic, I decided to go with Dr Shens. For a few reasons,

1) He has done the most number of motiva implants in singapore. Also, the promised 2.5cm-3cm incision done for breast augmentation is the shortest in singapore- I don't want any future bfs groping me and asking me about obvious, visible scars!!

2) Their prices are transparent and reasonable.

3) Dr shens was very steady and confident in answering my 1001 questions and unfounded worries during the consultation. Never did he try to speed things up during the consult even though there were 2-3 people outside.

Price 4.5/5

I paid about $12k++

View clinic in seoul quoted me $12.5 million won for motiva implants and another one i follow called CDU clinic quoted 14 million won (and also 15 million won for nose revision (whatttt) by the way.

On a side note, CDU beauty noses are nice: https://cdubeauty.com <-- can check them out if you have tons of extra $

Skill 5/5

The incision is underboob, about 2.5cm - 3cm or so only even though a 300 plus cc implant was crammed into my chest. Procedure took about 1 hour I think, I was under sedation. The clinic gave me a few free lasers to lighten the scarring - so far none of the other places I consulted at offered to do the same thing!

Pain 2/5 (boob)

Boob: Not much pain at all. Just discomfort in the chest area. I returned to work two days after the operation to do a viewing.

Links to my awesome surgeon:

Will be happy to share more on my Korea and SG experience to keep everyone well-informed if anyone has any questions! ^^

I am considering vaser lipo in the future to get Chloe ting-like body with the abs and maybe thigh gaps. Dr shens does an amazing job with his patients' bodies and I'm so tempted! My waist is now between 27-28 inches but there's an annoying budge of fat and abs are all hidden. Hopefully someone can share about their experience on lipo!

Last edited:
Reactions: tvxqgirl