Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Hi Jojoyes,

I'm looking to do FC at View and my eyes at MVP. I was thinking of doing my FC first and letting that heal in the first week and the second week get my eyes done with MVP. I don't know if that's the best decision, but I honestly don't like the thought of having to spend money on flights and taking off from work etc. When are you going? Let me know if you've worked out a way. :P
Hi!

I'm probably gonna do the same: FC first and then the rest. I'm still thinking of how much time would be best to leave between the surgeries. I asked the owner of MySeoulSecret, who knows a lot about plastic surgery, how long I would have to stay if I did it at 2 different clinics, and he said I should stay for 2 months! It's crazy. I know that it's best to stay as long as possible for the best results, but 2 months is really long. I was thinking 3-4 weeks, since FC is pretty intense.

Btw, I'm going after a loooongg time lol. I'll go somewhere in the first half of 2019. So that would be in a little more than 2 years from now. I can't do it earlier as I don't have enough money yet :sad:. When are you planning on going?

Hi!

I'm probably gonna do the same: FC first and then the rest. I'm still thinking of how much time would be best to leave between the surgeries. I asked the owner of MySeoulSecret, who knows a lot about plastic surgery, how long I would have to stay if I did it at 2 different clinics, and he said I should stay for 2 months! It's crazy. I know that it's best to stay as long as possible for the best results, but 2 months is really long. I was thinking 3-4 weeks, since FC is pretty intense.

Btw, I'm going after a loooongg time lol. I'll go somewhere in the first half of 2019. So that would be in a little more than 2 years from now. I can't do it earlier as I don't have enough money yet :sad:. When are you planning on going?

I totally understand the money situation. I'm reconsidering taking out a loan for my procedures, originally planned to go in March.

What? Did he say why you needed 2 months if you did at 2 different clinics? I mean even 3 weeks for me is a long time. :sad:

So if you did yours at the same clinic could you get away with 2-3 weeks?

I totally understand the money situation. I'm reconsidering taking out a loan for my procedures, originally planned to go in March.

What? Did he say why you needed 2 months if you did at 2 different clinics? I mean even 3 weeks for me is a long time. :sad:

So if you did yours at the same clinic could you get away with 2-3 weeks?
You definitely don't need to stay as long as me, as eye surgery is a lot less intense than rhino. It would probably be best to stay at least around 3 weeks though. He didn't mention why it's 2 months, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the swelling and the fact that combining schedules between clinics may be difficult.

And If you did it at the same clinic 2 weeks would be okay. But I don't know if I can recommend going to the same clinic.

You have to consider the cost of accommodation and daily expenditure. Assuming you're thrifty enough to do $100 a day (hotel + expenses), 2 months will add up to a whopping $6000! That's not inclusive of airfare. And it's not easy to take that much time off work anyway. The ideal scenario would be to do all procedures at the same clinic, but if it's not possible, leave 1 week between procedures.

I'm looking to stay at Airbnb,although there's no way I could stay for 2 months. I don't want to get my eyes done at View (not saying they're bad, just doesn't seem that overly impressive to me). But it does make sense to do everything in one clinic. :sad:

You definitely don't need to stay as long as me, as eye surgery is a lot less intense than rhino. It would probably be best to stay at least around 3 weeks though. He didn't mention why it's 2 months, but I'm pretty sure it's because of the swelling and the fact that combining schedules between clinics may be difficult.

And If you did it at the same clinic 2 weeks would be okay. But I don't know if I can recommend going to the same clinic.

I contacted both MVP and View telling them about my situation.

View said that I should do my FC first then my eyes.

MVP said that I should do my eyes first then wait LOL. Although, they did suggest do everything at one clinic.

MVP said that I should do my eyes first then wait LOL. Although, they did suggest do everything at one clinic.

In my opinion, you should do the eyes first before the FC. Because after FC, the area around your eyes will be swollen and discoloured, so how are you going to do your eyes then? And after FC you will feel plenty of discomfort and inconvenience, the last thing you want to do is another surgery.

By the way, if you wear contacts, be sure to bring along a pair of glasses because you can't be wearing contacts after eye surgery. And if you're thinking of adding rhino as well, please reconsider because then you can't wear glasses either. lol.

Hey!

Good luck with your surgery! :biggrin:
I was wondering what made you choose JW. I've personally not considered it because of the mixed reviews.

Have you heard anything really bad about rhinoplasty results?

When I was reading around, I didn't see anything too bad. Some complains that results are 'too' natural, a complaint about implant issue (sounded like doctor wanted to fix but person didn't have enough time), but not anything super devastating. I understand that even great doctors will have mistakes sometimes, or some cases are just difficult. Or some people are just super picky and won't be happy unless its perfect.

However, I also read things about how people originally weren't settled on JW, but after consultation decided that JW was the right choice. I've heard good reviews overall.

Also, I'm white/Caucasian so it was also important for me to have a doctor who has experience with that. I don't want a Korean nose, I think it would look weird! I saw another girl from another clinic (don't remember, was awhile ago), and she was given an Asian style nose and it made her look biracial. I just want a better version of my own nose.

Have you heard anything really bad about rhinoplasty results?

When I was reading around, I didn't see anything too bad. Some complains that results are 'too' natural, a complaint about implant issue (sounded like doctor wanted to fix but person didn't have enough time), but not anything super devastating. I understand that even great doctors will have mistakes sometimes, or some cases are just difficult. Or some people are just super picky and won't be happy unless its perfect.

However, I also read things about how people originally weren't settled on JW, but after consultation decided that JW was the right choice. I've heard good reviews overall.

Also, I'm white/Caucasian so it was also important for me to have a doctor who has experience with that. I don't want a Korean nose, I think it would look weird! I saw another girl from another clinic (don't remember, was awhile ago), and she was given an Asian style nose and it made her look biracial. I just want a better version of my own nose.
Here are some quotes from the 'Bad plastic surgery experiences' thread:
“…my negative experience with JW was that they just didn't care AT ALL whatsoever and the pay doctor who clearly didn't care about patients did not even want to explain as to why she thought a decrease in the sides of the nose was warranted. 3 mins seemed too much to spend on a patient that they wanted to charge over 10grand for.”

“My friend had her nose done in JW . They are good but if you're not going for natural nose then i suggest you dont go for JW.”

“I'm currently watching YouTube videos of surgery fails of some PRC patients..
One of them was from JW.. “

“There are actually a lot of unhappy JW customers from China.”

Their rhinoplasty seems to be good (but not some people say it looks fake or too natural, as you said), but their service can definitely improve. Just remember that no clinic is 100% perfect and that you might have a bad experience. Be cautious.

But I think you can definitely go to JW. A lot of clinics have bad reviews, after all. Their rhino seems good and they're experienced with Caucasians. I'm also Caucasian but I'm planning on going to MVP or Top Class, as really big clinics tend to give a way higher price to foreigners than locals (and have higher prices in general). But smaller clinics have less experience with foreigners.

In the end, it depends on what you want. A clinic that's experienced with foreigners that will give you the kind of nose that you like or a cheaper clinic who will give you a different nose. Personally, I like the Korean style nose. It's a lot cuter than the western style. Western noses are a little too big usually IMO.

Good luck!

i'll be doing eyes and FC in a separate clinic too. I agree with @oreocream that doing eyes first might be more feasible, i was actually struggling with the thought of doing both at the same clinic :-s
may i know why did you shortlist MVP and View for eyes & FC respectively? what method will you be using? (:

In my opinion, you should do the eyes first before the FC. Because after FC, the area around your eyes will be swollen and discoloured, so how are you going to do your eyes then? And after FC you will feel plenty of discomfort and inconvenience, the last thing you want to do is another surgery.

By the way, if you wear contacts, be sure to bring along a pair of glasses because you can't be wearing contacts after eye surgery. And if you're thinking of adding rhino as well, please reconsider because then you can't wear glasses either. lol.

Oh no. I'm considering getting my eyes and nose fix together at one shot but I need to wear glasses / contacts because without them, I'm practically blind. :sad: :sad:

Can't do that. If you're just doing DES, you have to wait a minimum of 1 week before using contacts. Even so, that one week is the absolute minimum and there is a possibility you might need to wait longer depending on the swelling. If it's more complicated like canthoplasty, then 2 or even 3 weeks is ideal.

If you're doing rhinoplasty, you can't wear glasses for 6 weeks post-op, unless it's just simple alarplasty. If your nose bridge is being worked on, then glasses are out. The only way out of this is if you can find glasses which sits on your cheekbones instead of the nose. But I suggest you do your eyes and nose in 2 separate trips.

Can't do that. If you're just doing DES, you have to wait a minimum of 1 week before using contacts. Even so, that one week is the absolute minimum and there is a possibility you might need to wait longer depending on the swelling. If it's more complicated like canthoplasty, then 2 or even 3 weeks is ideal.

If you're doing rhinoplasty, you can't wear glasses for 6 weeks post-op, unless it's just simple alarplasty. If your nose bridge is being worked on, then glasses are out. The only way out of this is if you can find glasses which sits on your cheekbones instead of the nose. But I suggest you do your eyes and nose in 2 separate trips.

I'm getting weir reduction aka alarplasty and nose lengthening. Would I still be able to wear glasses? :x