Pittsburgh... Gucci sightings!

xoxomandylyn

♥
May 24, 2008
My first weekend in Pittsburgh was great! I can't wait to go back! :yahoo:

I love love love our soon to be home (well his home now, I am stuck waiting until the end of October... boo...) and I also got a great deal on a couch from jcpenny... a FANTASTICALLY pretty and comfortable sofa and loveseat set for 799!! (A little over a thousand after the tax, delivery fee, protection plan fee, and God knows what else...) but yay!

But anyway, on to the point of my post haha. Of course my eyes were open like a hawk trying to figure out what everyone's handbag in the area was, just because I was trying to figure out what kinds of stores were around the area. Saw a TON of Coach bags (Coach seems to be the only handbag store in the area, I couldn't believe it when I checked out the mall stores!), BUT I did see a semi large number of women carrying Gucci!!!! Which puzzled me, but I am assuming they probably order from the Gucci website.

I saw one woman on my first grocery shopping trip with my fiance, she got to the line a tad later than my fiance and I but I told her to go in front of us because we had an entire apartment of groceries and she had like 4 things, haha... she had a Gucci diaper bag!!!! I was so excited to see one. It was really cute. I assured my fiance though that I would probably never ask for a designer diaper bag, haha. If I had money out the *** to spend though, sure, it was REALLY CUTE.

I also saw a couple canvas monogram horsebit hobos, all I think the Medium size. The one woman's center of the horsebit was actually flopped off of the handle... does that happen? Or was it fake? I'm not a horsebit expert on fakes, just Britts (haha) so I wasn't sure. The horsebits seemed to be a very popular style there though, fake or not.

I don't remember seeing any other particular style, it was a little overwhelming how busy we were. We didn't sit down all weekend, the only time we sat down besides in a car was to test out couches haha. But I had to share my Gucci sightings. The diaper bag was ridiculously cute, for sure.

I hope the Nordstrom opening up in Pittsburgh soon (October I think, around when we get married as far as I remember) will have Gucci bags!!! If not I will be stuck staring at people's arms to see what bags look like hahaha.

Glad to hear things went well in Pittsburg. I'm lovin' your "sightings". Hopefully the new Nordstom will have a Gucci boutique so you won't have to keep eyeing what everyone else has to get an idea of what a certain bag looks like.

I hope so!!!! As Q.A. said at least now I am really excited to move there (I have to admit I was a little scared at first but it's not at all what I thought it would be like, it is really nice!!!) but it would be even BETTER with some Gucci to look at in the new Nordstrom when it opens! FOR SURE!!!!!! Hehehe.

Still can't get over that Gucci baby bag. It was adorable. (So was the baby haha)

Good to hear things are going well. Which diaper bag did you see btw... is it the tote with the three pockets in the front? I'm always on the lookout for my next diaper bag lol tia. Oh and were you also on the lookout for a white Britt shoulder bag before?

I live in pittsburgh and I wanted to let you know that the Saks downtown just started getting Gucci instock, they have shoes now mostly shoes from this season's fall/winter collection and I spotted that they had Gucci men's bags but I don't think they got the women's handbags in yet but one of the employees that I know told me that they were planning on getting in handbags.

P.S. Coach is BIG in Pittsburgh, everyone has Coach but mostly fakes.

Yayyyy thanks for the heads up on Saks christiaanw!!!! That's great news!

I looked on the Gucci site for the diaper bag, and I am fairly sure that this was it. I know it zipped the way this does, anyway, so if it isn't this exact bag it was at least very very close:

http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/classics/luggage/#0-535579-123326F40JR8588

It is VERY VERY cute looking and looked to be very roomy and organized.

Thanks everyone for the help! I will definitely spread the word as soon as the Nordstrom opens if they have Gucci or not. Hope hope hope hope hope.

Sounds like a busy weekend!
I have the Gucci diaper bag. This one :
123326_F40JR_8588_full.jpg

I carried it this weekend on my trip to Toronto. It's a great travel bag for baby & I over a weekend. Perfect size :tup:

Last edited:
I live in Pittsburgh also; the shopping is not that good here. I am excited about Nordies, but the Saks is well below average compared to most Saks. Are you going to be living in Shadyside?-you will definitely spot some nice bags around there. I almost always see a few LVs, Bals, etc. Good luck with your move ;)

Lola that's the bag I saw! It looked like the perfect diaper bag!

Peppers I will be living in Forest Hills. I can't wait to move there permanantly. Less than two weeks! Ahh!

Nordstrom is opening the 24th... day before my wedding! I obviously won't be visiting until a few days after hahaha. But you can be sure I will give a detailed report when I do!!!!!

^^They had in in pink & blue trim at the Boutique in TO!!!! If that was an option when I got mine, I would have bought the pink! (I have a baby girl)

Congrats on your wedding!

XOXO~ good luck with the move and your wedding! Have fun!!! And, don't forget to let us know if Nordies has a Gucci boutique! I am going to be in Charlotte, NC the weekend it opens, so I will have to check it out later. I have been to the new LV store; the SAs there seem quite nice.

Awww Lola I have never seen one with colored trim I bet that is so cute haha. And thanks!!!! I can't believe it's almost here, the past year seemed to DRAG and then all of a sudden BAM we have four weeks to get all these little things done... and now less than two!

Thanks peppers! My fiance assured me we'd get to Nordies before Oct 30th (I have a 40 dollar rewards coupon to use that expires hahaha) so I will definitely be there before then!