Pimples X__X

mayu

Apr 16, 2006
Or Acne, to be accurate! AHH! I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem -acne scars. If I accidently scrubbed my face too hard and apimple pops, a scar is left, right? How do I get rid of it?

I don't think you can get rid of it but the good news is that the scars will probably go away by themselves (please note: I'm just speaking from personal experience). When I went through puberty, I had alot of acne for 2 years (from the ages of 11-12). Sometimes I accidentally scratched them too and they left acne scars. I found that all of the scars disappeared eventually over time (some disappeared in as short as a few days to as long as a few months).
The important thing is to avoid scratching/popping the pimples prematurely. Let them pop by themselves. Do not scrub your face too hard - that will only irritate the skin more. Use a deep cleanser facewash (that is suitable/gentle enough for your skin), as well as a "buff puff" to gently exfoliate and remove dead skin cells.

Hope that helps! :smile:

What will scar is if a plug, or pimple, is left clogged for an extended period of time- over a week, etc. The longer the plug is on the face, the more likely there will be a scar.
The best thing you can do is to unplug the pore, but you must do this in a very hygenic way. Make sure you hands are clean before you try to unplug, and always apply acne medicine to the pore after unplugging.

mayu said:
Or Acne, to be accurate! AHH! I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem -acne scars. If I accidently scrubbed my face too hard and apimple pops, a scar is left, right? How do I get rid of it?

On the Proactive thread Monablu advised to try Mederma to help with acne scars. I saw a tub last night at Walgreens for $25.00
Note: Walgreens makes one for $15.00:yes:

I plan to try in a few weeks.

Mederma works wonderful for any type of scar!

My BF got a cleat through his cheek playing football last year, and had a huge scar on his face. He used Mederma and you can't see it anymore!

It's totally worth the $15!!

get a full facial at a salon where they use the machine to get out all your scars and acne/whiteheads/blackheads, etc. you have to go 4-5 times to get it completely out. plus, facials feel soooo nice on the skin! :smile:

I don't agree with facials if you have problem skin. I think it makes it worse. I have heard proactive really does give you great results. Mederma for scars works well.

Mederma is great for scars. Make sure when you use it you don't have any lotion or acne cream on your face, it will cause a chemical burn (I learned the hard way). You can use mederma or silicone (I think they come in sheets and you cut them). Just time also!! Try not to pick, picking causes scars