Pics of my new Marc by Marc Jacobs Softy Bounty!!

pghandbag

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
So in a week's time I bought myself a bnwt MBMJ Softy Max tote in Camouflage and a bnwt (but with some rubbed off metallic parts) MBMJ Softy Zip Clutch in Gold. I tried to buy black but the website I bought from was sold out so I got this one on ebay.

Here are my new loves:

IMG_0808.jpg

You can see the bits of silver peeking through the gold. I am trying to convince myself it just has "character." Though I did email mbmj and ask if there is anything I can do to remedy the problem. The leather is so soft and the clutch is roomy. I just wish it had more card slots. I have tons of cards (library, insurance, AAA, credit cards, gift cards, etc.) and it filled up fast!

What doesn't fill up fast is my Softy MAX. They weren't kidding about the max part because this bag is big enough to fit my dog!

2417901726_6a73acd99c.jpg

If I wanted to carry her around in a very soft, supple leather bag, this would be the one! haha

ImageHandler.ashx

I already posted this in the marc jacobs outfit thread but here it is anyway!

Just love the softy bags. Roomy and smooshy! I also have the same thing with the gold clutch color rubbing off, but I have convinced myself it gives it character. Enjoy your new purchases!

so cute! congrats jess!! and btw- i've seen metallic bags with wear like that and in the bronze/ gold colors i think the wear looks more antiquey, distressed rather than worn. kwim? i think they look great!

Thanks ladies!! Jap4life, here's a link to a cheapee one on sale (also rubbed)... and there are still ones available on bluefly, (at least as of last night).

I am going to stick with the "character" and vintagey feel for the rubbed clutch. I love vintage anyway so this will suit me.

i think it rocks, and i've seen the wear on these clutches...it does add charm to the bags...moreso that the fading on bronze stams...i think maybe because these are more of a rose gold look....