**PICS** from the April InStyle Magazine Photoshoot w/ Gwen

Cheryl24

May 6, 2006
Found these pics from the current issue of InStyle Magazine featuring Gwen. She looks beautiful in them and is wearing several L.A.M.B. items according to the captions! :smile:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• gwen1.JPG
    gwen1.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 310
  • gwen2.JPG
    gwen2.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 286
  • gwen3.JPG
    gwen3.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 288
  • gwen4.JPG
    gwen4.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 298
  • gwen5.JPG
    gwen5.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 294
AH, thanks for posting these, Cheryl! I'm tempted to go out and buy a copy now lol.

Gwen looks so beautiful in these. I really like that funky dress in the 2nd pic. I also like her makeup job in the first two pics -- ethereal and glowing! I know the bright red lip is her trademark (and she loves doing it for her hubby), but I think she looks so much prettier (and younger) with a nude/pink lip. But it's Gwen so she looks awesome in practically everything.

Yes, thank you for posting, Cheryl!
It's funny to me how people can gravitate to a particular 'icon' like Gwen, or for others, Marilyn Monroe, etc. I have never been a huge 'groupie' type of personality - if anything, quite opposite. And honestly, although I always loved No Doubt and knew who Gwen Stefani was peripherally, I didn't really begin to deeply identify and appreciate her until I started collecting her couture pieces. Things that I never thought about, but always gravitated towards, before Gwen was in my radar: black and white; stripes; houndstooth; more stripes, lol! All these things were things I loved and sought out even before I knew about Gwen. I just find it interesting how certain people are just attracted to certain designs and styles - and it makes perfect sense that our style icons reflect what we ourselves love to wear/express through clothing, shoes, makeup, etc.

One of the things I love MOST about Gwen is that is she is so down to earth. Unafraid to tell her truth and when she does, it feels authentic. Like when she talks about how it's hard to stay slender - she has to work at it, like everyone else. Some celebrities say this, but you feel like they're defending the fact that they're human - like Jessica Simpson, or Kim Kardashian. They SAY that it's ok to be a woman, and that it's normal to struggle with weight, but you feel like they're trying to justify the fact that they're normal and that their weight fluctuates and that they struggle with it. Gwen just says it, and it's like, no big deal - it is what it is. It's hard to keep slender, but it's just part of being human and being a sensual woman - and that's it. Then there's women like Paris Hilton, who like to brag about eating McDonald's etc and not ever worrying about weight because they're just "naturally" skinny. :rolleyes: I mean, there ARE women that I believe are naturally skinny/naturally do not gravitate to food when they're stressed or whatever. But Paris Hilton is not one of them - she just likes to try to seem effortless, but it just ends up coming across as fake.

The point is that I just love Gwen. I saw her on an interview with (I think) Johnny Carson? and he could not keep his eyes off of her, and her beautiful legs (she was wearing these short shorts for performance). Poor Gwen kept trying to pull her shorts down and shift her legs so that they wouldn't look so short - and they weren't that short, compared to some short shorts you see out there. But she was so disarmingly and sweetly modest. She's comfortable with her beauty, but she also doesn't try to rub your face in it. She expresses herself naturally and her beauty is so authentic because SHE is so authentic. I just find that I love her more, the more I know of her.

So thanks for posting these pics. They're so fun to look at! ;)

^^Nicely said Lamblove! I agree that Gwen definitely seems more real & grounded than other celebs as successful as her.

I'm happy all of you are enjoying the pics. I thought they were too amazing not to share!

Yes, thank you for posting, Cheryl!
It's funny to me how people can gravitate to a particular 'icon' like Gwen, or for others, Marilyn Monroe, etc. I have never been a huge 'groupie' type of personality - if anything, quite opposite. And honestly, although I always loved No Doubt and knew who Gwen Stefani was peripherally, I didn't really begin to deeply identify and appreciate her until I started collecting her couture pieces. Things that I never thought about, but always gravitated towards, before Gwen was in my radar: black and white; stripes; houndstooth; more stripes, lol! All these things were things I loved and sought out even before I knew about Gwen. I just find it interesting how certain people are just attracted to certain designs and styles - and it makes perfect sense that our style icons reflect what we ourselves love to wear/express through clothing, shoes, makeup, etc.

One of the things I love MOST about Gwen is that is she is so down to earth. Unafraid to tell her truth and when she does, it feels authentic. Like when she talks about how it's hard to stay slender - she has to work at it, like everyone else. Some celebrities say this, but you feel like they're defending the fact that they're human - like Jessica Simpson, or Kim Kardashian. They SAY that it's ok to be a woman, and that it's normal to struggle with weight, but you feel like they're trying to justify the fact that they're normal and that their weight fluctuates and that they struggle with it. Gwen just says it, and it's like, no big deal - it is what it is. It's hard to keep slender, but it's just part of being human and being a sensual woman - and that's it. Then there's women like Paris Hilton, who like to brag about eating McDonald's etc and not ever worrying about weight because they're just "naturally" skinny. :rolleyes: I mean, there ARE women that I believe are naturally skinny/naturally do not gravitate to food when they're stressed or whatever. But Paris Hilton is not one of them - she just likes to try to seem effortless, but it just ends up coming across as fake.

The point is that I just love Gwen. I saw her on an interview with (I think) Johnny Carson? and he could not keep his eyes off of her, and her beautiful legs (she was wearing these short shorts for performance). Poor Gwen kept trying to pull her shorts down and shift her legs so that they wouldn't look so short - and they weren't that short, compared to some short shorts you see out there. But she was so disarmingly and sweetly modest. She's comfortable with her beauty, but she also doesn't try to rub your face in it. She expresses herself naturally and her beauty is so authentic because SHE is so authentic. I just find that I love her more, the more I know of her.

So thanks for posting these pics. They're so fun to look at! ;)

It was with David letterman. And he was sooo drooling over her. Saying how "phenominal" her legs were, and how good she smelled. lol.

It was with David letterman. And he was sooo drooling over her. Saying how "phenominal" her legs were, and how good she smelled. lol.

Right..lol I don't watch tv much, but I should've remembered that Johnny Carson hasn't been around for a WHILE. And yes, Letterman was DROOLING all over her!! I don't think she would have been tugging at her shorts so much if he didn't keep staring, lol!

^ She does have FANTASTIC legs though! :nuts:

Good God, she surely does. Can't help but envy legs like that with super-stilettoes on. Kimora Lee Simmons talked about how she wore stilettoes everywhere... to pick up her kids, parent group meetings, etc. as a way to maintain psychological edge over the other mom's that might've been judging the woman married (at the time) to THE hip hop mogul, before she had made a name for herself. I think there is something psychologically empowering to be like 6 feet tall as a woman, which is probably why most of us wear crazy stilettoes even if we don't make it to 6'.

Gwen looked so damn cute, though, pulling on her shorts and wiggling away as Letterman was attempting to undress her with his intense gaze... it was almost like watching a comic strip, with the dog's eyes bulging out to go "AWUUGA.. honk honk" ... silly, but funny.