PICS: Cartier Rose Gold Love Bracelet Color Change. Does it look yellow?

I still don't understand how the RG on the watches and bracelets seems to be SO similar to the YG, but on the trinity ring they are super distinct. You also never hear about the RG fading on the trinity rings.

It's funny u mentioned that. My trinity ring is the same. Rose gold didn't fade a bit. I don't know why this happens to the bracelet and watch. It's strange

It's funny u mentioned that. My trinity ring is the same. Rose gold didn't fade a bit. I don't know why this happens to the bracelet and watch. It's strange

This forum does make me obsess over the wierdest things! Just checked my Trinity - no fading there either. No fading with my RG Cartier pendant either.

This is true, but when the rose gold LOVE is purchased the RG colour matches that of the screwdriver, so you can see how much the bracelet has faded!

Yes! My bracelet used to match my screwdriver even though it's not real gold. It may not have been exactly the same, but it was very close.

I don't want to have it polished because I think you're only supposed to do that about 2 times during the lifetime of the bracelet. I still have a long way to go. I'll probably just live with the color change since I don't live near a boutique.

I've never wore my RG bracelet that I bought in Oct 2011. The screwdriver looks more pink/copper than the bracelet. It looks exactly like your photo. When I compare the two together, it makes my bracelet look YG but when I compare my bracelet to anything YG it looks like RG.

I.WANT.IT.ALL said:
I've never wore my RG bracelet that I bought in Oct 2011. The screwdriver looks more pink/copper than the bracelet. It looks exactly like your photo. When I compare the two together, it makes my bracelet look YG but when I compare my bracelet to anything YG it looks like RG.

Why not wear it? :sad: seems such a waste!!

I'm home with the kids, no place to wear it. Sometimes we'll go out of town to shop but lately we haven't had a chance to. I'm sure I'll be wearing it soon.....hubs needs to take me shopping. I need new clothes. But with free shipping n returns, we stay home a lot more....

Such a shame to own jewellery that doesn't get worn. I am a stay at home mum but my jewellery collection all gets used. School runs, shopping, visiting friends etc. If I had spent a lot of money on a piece such as the Love I'd definitely want to make sure I got wear out of it!

Better to buy now than later with the increases. I should've bought two yrs ago but kept waiting. And everytime the price increased I told myself I wouldn't pay it. Haha but I eventually did. I will make more of an effort to wear it :smile:. Eventually the kids will go to school and I'll have more time to myself to meet friends and go shopping.

About a year ago, I took my DB into Cartier to buy him a Love bracelet. He was trying to decide between a rose and a yellow. I have to tell you, they looked VERY close... until he wore them outside to see how they looked in the sunlight, and then you could see the distinction. Cartier's rose gold is VERY subtle compared to others, for example Tiffany's rose gold is VERY coppery looking...
Copper is a metal that can be affected by chemicals, and it can cause the rose gold to fade to gold's natural color, yellow. However, from what I have read on the forums, it has been highly variable. Some people, no issues. Some people, serious issues. Boggles my mind.
I remember listening to a woman that was trying to sell my DB a Rolex about how they have a new way of making rose gold so that it wouldn't fade. Of course, she didn't reveal what the alloy was that was keeping the rose gold looking rosy, but I am assuming platinum.
In the first pic, it looks like rose gold to me, and the second, not so much.
I would bring it in to your nearest Cartier shop as soon as you can, and compare for yourself how it looks next to a new rose gold...
I really think Cartier needs to address this issue...

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I've had the same exact concern as the original poster..when I first bought the bracelet it was noticeably rose...now only when the sun hits it in the right angle do I see the rose, usually when I'm driving. I feel much better reading that this is "normal". I think my next rose gold purchase will be Tiffany rose gold. To my understanding here it keeps it's pink hue.

Just my two cents but it looks rose gold to me. I agree with others who say to take it to a boutique (when you can) and see what they have to say. I think it is a lovely hue and looks wonderful on your skin!

I have a RG Love Bracelet and RG Ballon Blue Watch. I agree with some of the other posters that the pinkish hue of the RG is rather subtle. The only YG Cartier I have is part of a Trinity ring and you can absolutely tell the difference between the two (despite the fact that ring is super tiny @ a size 3.5 as it is a pinky ring).

I have worn my bracelets (2 WG, 1 RG) every single day, as well as my Trinity ring.
In looking at the pictures I literally just took, the camera makes the pieces appear more yellow than they actually are in real life. They definitely look more pinkish than yellow to the naked eye. IMHO

I agree that the color is normal and I personally have no issues with it. I use to want a YG piece but I no longer do. I have come to love the RG.

Attachments

• bracelets.jpg
    bracelets.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,143
  • watch.jpg
    watch.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,125
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,082