PICS: Cartier Rose Gold Love Bracelet Color Change. Does it look yellow?

SassyAdina

O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
There has been some discussion in this forum about Cartier Love bracelets changing color from rose gold to yellow gold. My rose gold bracelet was purchased about 7 months ago and has the new screw system. I think it looks more like yellow gold than rose gold now. I'm not sure when this happened, but I wear it with a 22K yellow gold bracelet and the rose color of my Cartier used to really stand out. Now it doesn't. I posted to some comparison pics in case some people are interested in seeing the color change.

I suppose there is still a hint of rose left, but not much. What do you all think? Does my bracelet still look like rose gold? Should I take it back to Cartier to have it evaluated?

22K yellow gold bracelet, Cartier 18K Rose Gold Love bracelet, the bracelet's Rose Gold screwdriver

cartier-rg-1.jpg

22K yellow gold bracelet, Cartier 18K Rose Gold Love bracelet, Tiffany 18K yellow gold necklace chain

cartier-rg-2.jpg

Reactions: Namwan-
TBH, in the first picture it definitely looks yellow to me. In the second picture, I think I can still see a hint of rose gold, but I recently tried on a RG cuff to pair with my WG bracelet, and it certainly looked much more rose to me, if that makes sense.

Personally, I would take it to your local Cartier store to see what they have to say.

BTW: love your stack! :smile:

Here's YG! I think yours is still a lil bit rose, but if it's really bothering you I think you should def head in and ask them bout it..

Attachments

• image-3889549781.png
    image-3889549781.png
    691.1 KB · Views: 10,614
The screwdriver is NOT real gold, so I would not compare it to the screwdriver.

I would go to a Cartier store if you can and compare it to a YG Love bracelet. Let the SA take a look at it too. Maybe it just depends on the lighting. In your two pictures, the inside of the screw design definitely look rose gold (to me).

Now you have me staring at my RG love bracelet! :lol: I've had mine since October and it still looks rose gold.

I suppose my bracelet still looks more rose than the yellow gold bracelet posted above. I wish I had a before picture. I don't live near a Cartier store so it will be a while before I can take it in. I am positive the color has changed though. It's definitely less rose and more yellow now.

I have the rose gold charity bracelet and it looks yellow like yours now too. I got mine in 2009 and wear it every day. It was definitely way more rose when I first got it

Looks rose gold to me. I agree - when I compared the RG and YG in-store I didn't think there was a huge difference anyway. It sounds like it's bothering you, so definitely take it in and get it checked out.

When I bought my RG, the screwdriver was definitely pinker than the bracelet. I know, because I looked at it the week after I bought the bracelet and thought it had faded as well, then went back to the store. The SA showed me a new RG bracelet and compared it to the screwdriver and it was a different color.

This exact thing happened to my RG BallonB watch (I think there's a thread about it somewhere). I watched it change from RG to YG over the span of two years. After taking it back and having Cartier look at it, the watch was polished and it ended up looking the same as when purchased...rose gold once again.

My only problem with this is that the polishing process should not be used too often on an item yet, I feel that my watch may oxidize in the future requiring it to be polished again in order to maintain it's rose colour.

I suggest taking it back and have Cartier look at it. They'll probably suggest a polishing (which should not cost you a cent by the way).

It looks rose gold to me. The screw driver for my RG love was definitely way pinker. The best way to see if your RG faded is to look at the screws to see if its the same color or take the bracelet off and look at the inside. If the surface and the inside has shade differences, then most likely there's fading or just the surface dulling with wear.

I still don't understand how the RG on the watches and bracelets seems to be SO similar to the YG, but on the trinity ring they are super distinct. You also never hear about the RG fading on the trinity rings.